Reload this Page >

Mother in law arrival

Mother in law arrival

Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:42 pm
Luvin Californ'i'a

Reddwarfusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mother in law arrival

Hi all

Mother in law booked her flight again for one of next years visits. March 22nd til June 20th, yep exactly 90 days!!

Anyway what do you get the rellies to bring over as an "entrance fee"???

Were thinking gravy and chcolate, and wheat free goods as my wife is wheat free!! Anything else????

Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mother in law arrival

Originally Posted by Reddwarfusa
Hi all

Mother in law booked her flight again for one of next years visits. March 22nd til June 20th, yep exactly 90 days!!

Were thinking gravy and chcolate, and wheat free goods as my wife is wheat free!! Anything else????

1. Evidence of booking/hiring a rental car.
2. An itinerary illustrating when they will be out of town.

Seriously!!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:48 pm
Luvin Californ'i'a

Too funny, mine is 84 years old, so lets avoid the rental car, can u imagine? Wrong side of road and now exactly a careful driver!!

Crash helmet anyone??
Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:50 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

advise her of the risk of booking 90 days. ie if a flight gets delayed for any reason she could inadvertantly overstay. Easier if she books 88 days or something so she has a tiny bit of leeway.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:51 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

You must love your mother in law very much. You may add "St" to your nick.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 12:05 am
Luvin Californ'i'a

Originally Posted by MsElui
advise her of the risk of booking 90 days. ie if a flight gets delayed for any reason she could inadvertantly overstay. Easier if she books 88 days or something so she has a tiny bit of leeway.

Yep we've done this manytimes, never had issues but thx for heads up. They always check on the way out from UK anyways
Old Nov 15th 2008, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

wow...who does she use for medical insurance?
Old Nov 15th 2008, 2:54 am
Luvin Californ'i'a

You'll love this one. The best deal we found was the British Mountaineering club, I know it sounds crazy but they had the best medical insurance and do annual policies.

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/insurance/Landing.aspx

Her quote for annual policy is 184 quid!!!
Old Nov 15th 2008, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll love this one. The best deal we found was the British Mountaineering club, I know it sounds crazy but they had the best medical insurance and do annual policies.

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/insurance/Landing.aspx

Her quote for annual policy is 184 quid!!!
does it cover not falling off a mountain?

and here is one to think about - when we came over and used medical insurance it wasnt covered for more than 6 week stints. So u couldnt use it if u were coming for 90 days!!!! ANd I do know someone that found out the hard way. The policy was good for a year but only for 6 week increments. And had to have the flight tickets to prove it.

90 days.... I would go bloody bonkers. You said one of her trips. How many of these 90 days does she plan to come for?

Entrance fee - How about board and lodgings. get her a cell phone from target - $19 and its got 10 dollars good to phone. At least then when she is out and about u know how to get hold of her and dont have to hold her hand everywhere.

How old is she?
Old Nov 15th 2008, 2:32 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Yep we've done this manytimes, never had issues but thx for heads up. They always check on the way out from UK anyways
it kinda doesnt matter when she 'leaves' the uk. I meant what if she was ill the day of the flight home on day 90 and couldnt travel. If she had 2 days grace to feel a little better it might be easier on her. Or the return flight was kept back because of poor weather conditions. Or the car going to the airport was held up so she missed the last scheduled flight of the day. 2 days grace could make it all a little more stress free.

Hopefully this wont ever effect her though.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 2:37 pm
Luvin Californ'i'a

Originally Posted by Deedee13
does it cover not falling off a mountain?

and here is one to think about - when we came over and used medical insurance it wasnt covered for more than 6 week stints. So u couldnt use it if u were coming for 90 days!!!! ANd I do know someone that found out the hard way. The policy was good for a year but only for 6 week increments. And had to have the flight tickets to prove it.

That was the amazing thing about this policy it covers upto 93 day trips. Awesome deal. We researched it a lot and could not find better policy. Anyways thought i would put it out there www.thebmc.co.uk

-Thanks English mum link corrected

Last edited by Reddwarfusa; Nov 15th 2008 at 2:44 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 2:43 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Mother in law arrival

That was the amazing thing about this policy it covers upto 93 day trips. Awesome deal. We researched it a lot and could not find better policy. Anyways thought i would put it out there www.bmc.co.uk
That link doesn't work...!

I think you meant:

http://www.thebmc.co.uk

How on Earth did you find out about this kind of travel health insurance? Are you a mountaineer?
Old Nov 15th 2008, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

OMG! If my mil came for 90 days.....I couldn't even think of a good enough "entrance fee"
Old Nov 15th 2008, 3:16 pm
Luvin Californ'i'a

Originally Posted by Englishmum

How on Earth did you find out about this kind of travel health insurance? Are you a mountaineer?
Nope just a heck of a lot of research. Almost fell off my chair when we found the price. She had been looking at 600 pounds per trip!!

BTW booked her flight yesterday great price, 460 quid all in!! Virgin atlantic all the way
Old Nov 15th 2008, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Pennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant future

Love my Mum and MIL. Couldn't take 90 days of either. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.