Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Most people have few assets

Most people have few assets

Old May 3rd 2017, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Most people have few assets

and less than $10,000 cash in the bank: new research.

Most people have few assets and less than $10,000 cash in the bank: new research | Stuff.co.nz

Well... there's a surprise.....
Old May 3rd 2017, 6:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most people have few assets

My OH is my best asset. He's priceless
Old May 3rd 2017, 10:55 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

my OH is also mine, he is a treasure
Old May 4th 2017, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

I will have to take a long look at myself and resolve to try harder in future.

I am only in the top 20 per cent and not the top 10. There's something to aspire to.
Old May 7th 2017, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

As long as we are are happy that's all that matters
Old May 7th 2017, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

What a boring article. Money rules our lives doesn't it. I so wish we could all have our homes paid off and see what happens to the economy. Now wouldn't that be interesting.
Old May 7th 2017, 10:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clappy
I will have to take a long look at myself and resolve to try harder in future.

I am only in the top 20 per cent and not the top 10. There's something to aspire to.
Yes, do stop letting the side down!
Old May 7th 2017, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SSky
I so wish we could all have our homes paid off and see what happens to the economy. Now wouldn't that be interesting.
Your wish is my command....

Professor Steve Keen's new book: a review:-

"As a transition from todays debt stagnation, he suggests that the central banks create a lump sum to put into everyone’s account. Debtors would be required to use their gift to pay down the debt. Non-debtors would keep the transfer payment – so as not to let demagogic political opponents accuse this plan of rewarding the profligate."

Review of Steve Keen’s “Can we void another financial crisis?” | Michael Hudson
Old May 7th 2017, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm. The name of the book is, apparently, "Can we AVOID another financial crisis". Not "... VOID...". According to Dictionary.com, one can void a check (cheque), void excrement, and void a room; no specific mention of a financial crisis, though. [Smile]
Old May 7th 2017, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Ummm. The name of the book is, apparently, "Can we AVOID another financial crisis". Not "... VOID...". According to Dictionary.com, one can void a check (cheque), void excrement, and void a room; no specific mention of a financial crisis, though. [Smile]
Ha Ha Good spotting

I've just tweeted Steve Keen and he replied:

"That's actually not bad. A sensible malapropism."

Last edited by LoCarb; May 7th 2017 at 11:34 pm.
Old May 8th 2017, 11:13 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Most people have few assets

I've got less than $10k in the bank but that's because most of my money is in a place it might earn a little return. Not sure why people are suprised by a lack of saving with a monetary policy that has prioritised making very low cost credit available at the expense of people putting a few quid away for a rainy day.
Old May 9th 2017, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Charismatic
.....with a monetary policy that has prioritised making very low cost credit available at the expense of people putting a few quid away for a rainy day.
They need low interest rates to keep the ponzi scheme going.
It will fail eventually, as Steve Keen has pointed out.
Private debt continues to increase until people can't take on any more. Then it all falls over....again

Australia is one of the countries he's picking to go t*ts-up.
Certainly looking that way if latest budget is anything to go by & likely the reason they are screwing down on Kiwi expats.
Old May 10th 2017, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Nope tits up is a very bad place to be. I don't want tits up to happen in nz thank you
Old May 10th 2017, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSky
Nope tits up is a very bad place to be. I don't want tits up to happen in nz thank you
In New Zealand's case, it's more likely to be a balls-up!
Old May 12th 2017, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is clever

How are we going to pay for it?

How are we going to pay for it? – Progressive Pulse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.