Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Most Peaceful Country

Most Peaceful Country

Old Jun 22nd 2017, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most Peaceful Country

If the All Blacks don't win on Saturday then things may get less peaceful.
They don't like it up 'em (the NZers)
Old Jul 5th 2017, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

jayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garethwm
NZ may seem quite peaceful at the moment, but it isnt immune to some of the things happening in the rest of the world.
I hope the powers that be in NZ are taking note. It could happen here one day if they don't. It might take time but I've seen crime escalate in the 13 years since I first visited. It was very peaceful then, not so much now.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

jayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoCarb
Can't quite make out all the bad karma befalling the UK at the moment.

Has someone upset the gods?
I think we know the answer. they opened their borders to the wron people and are paying the price.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sparkleydiva
To be honest I would take boring any day over a volatile country as the UK is at present. After best part of a decade in NZ and a year back in Blighty, I can honestly say I miss that peaceful existence
It depends where you live in the UK. It's still 80% rural with miles of peaceful countryside, but most people never see that side of it. But because of its beauty and history and so many places of interest it's a tourist magnet, which means many of the best areas are very busy. It's happening in NZ too and people are complaining that the tourist spots are being spoiled. I couldn't go back to a big city in the UK, but I really don't like Auckland anymore either. too much traffic and too many people.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 10:35 am
Welly bound

Munchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayandbill
It depends where you live in the UK. It's still 80% rural with miles of peaceful countryside, but most people never see that side of it. But because of its beauty and history and so many places of interest it's a tourist magnet, which means many of the best areas are very busy. It's happening in NZ too and people are complaining that the tourist spots are being spoiled. I couldn't go back to a big city in the UK, but I really don't like Auckland anymore either. too much traffic and too many people.
Nice spots and tourist spots are mutually exclusive as far as I can tell. My favourite NZ places are pretty quiet and I don't have to fight my way through traffic to get there. Maybe cos I don't live near Auckland.