British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Most Peaceful Country (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/most-peaceful-country-898342/)

Kotare Jun 22nd 2017 1:40 am

Most Peaceful Country

NZ ranked 2nd (after Iceland) - UK rated 41st.

dfjordan Jun 22nd 2017 2:10 am

Re: Most Peaceful Country

Originally Posted by Kotare (Post 12278003)

Did anyone ever think that the UK was a peaceful country ? NZ is certainly peaceful, but also boring once you've seen the never ending deserted countryside and beaches.

Kotare Jun 22nd 2017 2:12 am

Originally Posted by dfjordan (Post 12278007)
Did anyone ever think that the UK was a peaceful country ? NZ is certainly peaceful, but also boring once you've seen the never ending deserted countryside and beaches.

Yeah but it is nice for the family to go out with a high expectation of coming home again :-) Anyone bored with the opportunities in NZ needs to change locations.

Woodlea Jun 22nd 2017 2:22 am

Only boring people get bored!

Charismatic Jun 22nd 2017 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Kotare (Post 12278003)

Well the people who say we've gone soft should be very careful walking down stairs shouldn't they? We wouldn't want any accidents would we? :sneaky:

Pom_Chch Jun 22nd 2017 3:38 am

You live on the north island don't you ;)

Reylan Jun 22nd 2017 4:36 am

That's why we're here :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sparkleydiva Jun 22nd 2017 6:07 am

yt

To be honest I would take boring any day over a volatile country as the UK is at present. After best part of a decade in NZ and a year back in Blighty, I can honestly say I miss that peaceful existence

Tom H Jun 22nd 2017 7:07 am

Nothing wrong with countryside and beaches

Reminds me of my home county of Dorset. Just less people here :)

Rocknrolla Jun 22nd 2017 7:38 am

I guess life is what you make it. Horses for courses..

Moses2013 Jun 22nd 2017 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Tom H (Post 12278129)
Nothing wrong with countryside and beaches

Reminds me of my home county of Dorset. Just less people here :)

Indeed and what a shocker that countryside is countryside and beaches are beaches:lol:. And I'm sure parts of Dorset will also be peaceful, if you have a peaceful garden and peaceful neighbours.

LoCarb Jun 22nd 2017 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Sparkleydiva (Post 12278104)
To be honest I would take boring any day over a volatile country as the UK is at present. After best part of a decade in NZ and a year back in Blighty, I can honestly say I miss that peaceful existence

Can't quite make out all the bad karma befalling the UK at the moment.

Has someone upset the gods?

scot47 Jun 22nd 2017 9:33 am

The UK is a very diverse country. From Foula to the Pennines and to the urban conurbations.

Sparkleydiva Jun 22nd 2017 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by LoCarb (Post 12278193)
Can't quite make out all the bad karma befalling the UK at the moment.

Has someone upset the gods?

:lol::lol::lol:

garethwm Jun 22nd 2017 6:13 pm

NZ may seem quite peaceful at the moment, but it isnt immune to some of the things happening in the rest of the world.