Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Most famous person you've copped off with!!

Most famous person you've copped off with!!

Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most famous person you've copped off with!!

Originally Posted by poppets
ok i've had a couple of vodkas, but following example i went on friends reunited & discovered a boy i used to go out with at school emigrated to NZ in 86'. So i googled him his name is luke casey & he was a drummer with EYE TV (!) & the previous drummer for S.P.U.D, 7 Dials, The Nixons, Relaxomatic Project who has also toured and recorded for bands as diverse as Jordan Reyne, Grace, Sulata, Spargo, Second Child, Carly Binding, Bygone Era and Ted Clarke and most recently fronting his own band Tinpot Guruand , his uncle was the drummer in U.F.O.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=
But did you cop off with him?
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
But did you cop off with him?
yep, we were hormonal teenagers
Old Aug 25th 2006, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Most famous person you've copped off with!!

Originally Posted by robbish
Yes, glum character, did he not have a west country accent?
From what I remember he had a London or at least Southern Accent.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

robbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura aboutrobbish has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Most famous person you've copped off with!!

Originally Posted by helinuk
Ahh I tracked you down on Friends reunited Grange school
shame we have that Grange school stigma 'I failed the 11+' It still haunts me but I've had a good career in childcare and teaching so can't complain. There are at least 4 people from The class of 72 in OZ and NZ. I went to the 50th anniversary of school opening a couple of yrs ago and all the class of 72 ended up at the Bricklayers arms with John Otway singing us a few songs too- great fun.
Re NZ could you use the NZAF to get to NZ then after a while do something else? Could you see it as a life style change rather than a move to make money?
You sound fascinating! I forgot about friends reunited, must look at it tonight. Re RNZAF, the wage is a huge drop, but am still considering it. I think the job will be great and it is a guaranteed 15 year contract, so it will be safe, but I am earning 11000 quid more now than I will if I go for it. The benefits are that I will not have to pay a penny to get to NZ and although the exchange rate means that my wage is poo, it also means big houses for the money. What do you reckon, should I go for it? My wife worries about choice in shops, lack of money etc. One sister does not want me to go, the other says it is too good an opportunity to miss, she has friends who wished that they had gone earlier in their lives.

Last edited by robbish; Aug 25th 2006 at 10:10 pm. Reason: horrible spelling
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbish
You sound fascinating! I forgot about friends reunited, must look at it tonight. Re RNZAF, the wage is a huge drop, but am still considering it. I think the job will be great and it is a guaranteed 15 year contract, so it will be safe, but I am earning 11000 quid more now than I will if I go for it. The benefits are that I will not have to pay a penny to get to NZ and although the exchange rate means that my wage is poo, it also means big houses for the money. What do you reckon, should I go for it? My wife worries about choice in shops, lack of money etc. One sister does not want me to go, the other says it is too good an opportunity to miss, she has friends who wished that they had gone earlier in their lives.
We are taking a big drop in pay too. Hubby is a gm - ran company in Sing. ended up having panic attacks through stress of work. It's not worth it. So we just finished the TESOL course (teaching English to speakers of other Languages)to give us another option .
Paid air fares worth taking
Have you visited NZ? Perhaps you and wife need a reccie?
I'm shattered had busy day/night as you'll see from my other posts on kiwi bar
speak to you again no doubt.
Helen