Mosgiel

Old Oct 28th 2010, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice
Default Mosgiel

hi!

we have just arrived in Dunedin and would like to hear your opinions on the Mosgiel area please? we headed over there today and first impressions were good!

many thanks
Old Oct 28th 2010, 7:58 am
SLH
Forum Regular

SLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mosgiel

Hi and welcome to Dunedin. Mosgiel is ok gets nice and warm in the summer but can be bloody cold in the winter. Fairfield you have to be very careful as its built on or near old mines. Plenty of schools in Mosgiel can't comment on what they're like though. Hope my little bit of info helps but having never lived in Mosgiel its hard for me to add my two penneth apart from the summer winter thing. Hope somebody comes along and gives you more info soon. If I had my choice of Mosgiel or Macandrew Bay it would be Mac Bay all the way.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Brad Thorne is from Mosgiel, gotta be good!
Old Oct 28th 2010, 7:03 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

Theres a sign like Hollywood on the Southern motorway hill, thats says MOsgiel, lol

We live out from there near a village called Outram, now if you got the money Outram is the place to go, nice village, awesome cafe's pub and local shop, very friendly village, we are 5 mins out along the big hill area, Maungatua, we wanted no neighbours , so town was out, but Outram we could do. Fairfield in parts has become a mini Britain, Holyport close looks like something from Bling Britian, all brand new close together modern houses, 99% have a hot tub lol and it looks like keeping up with the Jones's area.

Be careful with Mosgeil as some parts near the Silver stream have flooded a few years back, Riccarton rd area is bling zone, the DRess circle as the agents call it lol, Mosgiel has every thing you need, close enough to town to commute, and nice and warm in summer, temps are higher than town by heaps in the summer, town gets that NE wind and its all over , winters on the other hand are colder than town lol so its swings and roundabouts, one draw back with any small NZ towns is the winter fire smog, Mosgiel gets its fair share, and its because its in a plains area where there is no wind in winter to blow it away, we use Mosgiel as a shopping zone as town is 25 mins away for us.The schools are good, Taieri high is the largest, got a role call of about 1000, juniors uo to high, and a few other mixed schools.

If you fancy popping over here one weekend for a catch up pm me with your mobile number, as im on shifts so can arrange day.

Welcome to Dunners