Morgatage

Old Aug 13th 2007, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough
Red face Morgatage

Tell me guys, how much times your salary are you allowed to borrow in NZ anybody got any ideas,cheers lee
Old Aug 13th 2007, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Morgatage

Originally Posted by Leewales
Tell me guys, how much times your salary are you allowed to borrow in NZ anybody got any ideas,cheers lee
They don't stick to any firm rules - if you're working & they think you can afford it, they'll give you it.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:41 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lee
Have posted an answer for you on your other thread 'money'. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Dandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the rough

Stop asking the same questions.

People keep giving you the answers but you don't seem to be listening
Old Aug 13th 2007, 11:24 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lee

One of the problems in answering your question re mortgages is that UK/NZ are not like for like systems. A lot of people here struggle to make a decent living and the banks and loan institutions are, in my experience, very friendly and helpful and will do what they can to enable people to have what they want as long as they think it is affordable to that person.

For example. We wanted a second hand 4x4. We had a car we bought when we first arrived to trade against it but needed a small loan to make up the difference. We asked in the car yard 'how much will the repayment be?' - a normal question for a UK person! The answer came back 'how much can you afford?'. So basically if we'd said $50 a week then they would sort a loan to come as close to that weekly amount as they could and then tell you the terms and repayment period.

Have you looked up any of the bank websites? Some, if not all, have mortgage/homeloan calculators that will at least give you a rough idea. Some NZ banks are Westpac, ANZ, BNZ, ASB, Kiwibank.

I know how confusing and frustrating it can be trying to plan your future from such a distance and work out what you can and cannot afford, especially not knowing how things work here. But when you get here it does all fall into place and you'll see that some things you stressed over beforehand really aren't that bad and you'll understand why it is difficult to be that specific sometimes in answering.

Have you been to NZ yet? or are you planning a recce? If you do you'll be able to walk into any bank and get an idea of what is possible, you don't usually need an appointment.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Leewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the roughLeewales is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Dandy Dan
Stop asking the same questions.

People keep giving you the answers but you don't seem to be listening
listen dan the big mouth man i have other things to consider which is changing every day, so if you don't like what i ask don't answer it, and alos your so brave siting behind a screen on a pc, because be sure when you have a go at someone for no reason you can back it up, be very sure.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 12:46 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Sorry but that reply was uneccesary.

One big differance with when I was looking at moving to New Zealand and people of today is we did not have the luxury of ease of access to the internet. Lee you have on several occassions asked the same question. Its a big move yes but either you take a deep breath and go for it or nit pick and get stressed over nothing.

Dandy Dan going by his profile is what is commonly known as a Troll, ignore him or it.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Colin in the middle
Sorry but that reply was uneccesary.

One big differance with when I was looking at moving to New Zealand and people of today is we did not have the luxury of ease of access to the internet. Lee you have on several occassions asked the same question. Its a big move yes but either you take a deep breath and go for it or nit pick and get stressed over nothing.

Dandy Dan going by his profile is what is commonly known as a Troll, ignore him or it.
yes colin you are correct i have asked similar questions as i try to get a broad answer list, i have been waiting for other things to develope in my job offer as i have just found out i have no pension scheme at my NZ employer, so this makes a difference as i will have to take more out of my money:curse: and the fact i will be auckland is another added factor, as far as my reply to dan is concerned, i see it like this i come from a family of boxers (my son boxed for wales) so i respect others and their views, but when some one is plain rude for no reason, other than i have asked the same question, that out of order because i belive in manners and if you live by the sword and all that............. but once again if i have offended anyone it's because i have a lot on my mind and trying to get as much advice as possible, and thanks to everyone who as helped me. cheers Lee.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:49 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

I honestly think you going to get a few shocks and surprises when you get to New Zealand.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Colin in the middle
I honestly think you going to get a few shocks and surprises when you get to New Zealand.
in what way colin?
Old Aug 14th 2007, 2:49 am
TeamEmbo

Lee, I have been trying to help you as much as I can but am not too sure what answers you are still looking for. I've given you all the details you asked for on food prices, mortgages, cost of living, prices of furniture etc as have others, who have also given you possible places in Auckland that might be affordable to you on the salary you quoted. I'm not being rude or curt but sometimes there are no other answers and you don't seem to read properly the links people send you to find the information yourself. Only you know what you are looking for and what to you personally would be a suitable standard of living and lifestyle. I think there comes a point though when you just have to bite the bullet and either go for it or not. No-one else can make that decision for you. I do understand and appreciate the stress of it all, as does everyone else who has been through the process. May I just ask what made you choose NZ?

Last edited by TeamEmbo; Aug 14th 2007 at 2:49 am. Reason: sp
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Dandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the roughDandy Dan is a jewel in the rough

Calm down slugger

Can you punch like a south bound freight train, i'll tell you just one thing,
If you listen and you learn there's an honour you can earn and defend here,
But you might aswell quit if you haven't got it
Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Lee, I have been trying to help you as much as I can but am not too sure what answers you are still looking for. I've given you all the details you asked for on food prices, mortgages, cost of living, prices of furniture etc as have others, who have also given you possible places in Auckland that might be affordable to you on the salary you quoted. I'm not being rude or curt but sometimes there are no other answers and you don't seem to read properly the links people send you to find the information yourself. Only you know what you are looking for and what to you personally would be a suitable standard of living and lifestyle. I think there comes a point though when you just have to bite the bullet and either go for it or not. No-one else can make that decision for you. I do understand and appreciate the stress of it all, as does everyone else who has been through the process. May I just ask what made you choose NZ?
helloteamembo, to answer your question i have a job offer in nz regards lee, and i respect your views and all your advice