Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

More people than ever migrating from the UK - yahoo news link

More people than ever migrating from the UK - yahoo news link

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:25 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default More people than ever migrating from the UK - yahoo news link

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20...6323e80_1.html

And I am pleased to be one of that number!

Just thought it would be interesting to folks on here.

Another interesting link about house prices:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4172141a24035.html

And another on the British tide into ChCh:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4173007a6530.html

Seems to be that the grass is always greener, no matter where you live.

Good luck to all looking to make the move. T and I have just been having a quick gloat about how it has all worked out so well for us (so far!). Here's the proof that it is possible, and it IS worth it.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More people than ever migrating from the UK - yahoo news link

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20...6323e80_1.html

And I am pleased to be one of that number!

Just thought it would be interesting to folks on here.

Another interesting link about house prices:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4172141a24035.html

And another on the British tide into ChCh:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/thepress/4173007a6530.html

Seems to be that the grass is always greener, no matter where you live.

Good luck to all looking to make the move. T and I have just been having a quick gloat about how it has all worked out so well for us (so far!). Here's the proof that it is possible, and it IS worth it.
Brilliant thread.

So glad to hear how much it is working out for you all. I get sick of the negative threads and one like this just brightens my day. We have always known we are doing the best thing. House is sold and we should be with you soon.

The UK sucks and I cannot wait to leave.

Nici
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:43 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kato33
Brilliant thread.

So glad to hear how much it is working out for you all. I get sick of the negative threads and one like this just brightens my day. We have always known we are doing the best thing. House is sold and we should be with you soon.

The UK sucks and I cannot wait to leave.

Nici
I had one of those "epiphany" moments yesterday, parked in my little car on Marine Parade in front of a turquoise Pacific Ocean eating my lunch with the sun beaming down thinking (somewhat gleefully ) my life is bloody great!!!! We are all so happy. This place is so beautiful. The kids are happy & setelled, I love my job and where I work, the house is fab, the weather is bliss, we are right by the most beautiful beach ever, our new friends are (thus far) cool, pass the sick bag ...!!!

The was brought crashing down to reality with having to work until 7:30pm!!

Last edited by Am Loolah; Aug 22nd 2007 at 11:44 am. Reason: Forgot the reality check at the end!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I had one of those "epiphany" moments yesterday, parked in my little car on Marine Parade in front of a turquoise Pacific Ocean eating my lunch with the sun beaming down thinking (somewhat gleefully ) my life is bloody great!!!! We are all so happy. This place is so beautiful. The kids are happy & setelled, I love my job and where I work, the house is fab, the weather is bliss, we are right by the most beautiful beach ever, our new friends are (thus far) cool, pass the sick bag ...!!!

The was brought crashing down to reality with having to work until 7:30pm!!
I will raise a glass in hope that we love it as much as you all do.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by kato33
I will raise a glass in hope that we love it as much as you all do.
I reckon you will mate!!!!

Were you on your hols? I missed you ...
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

I reckon you will mate!!!!

Were you on your hols? I missed you ...
Aaaahhh.....thanks,

Just had a bad couple of weeks AmLoolah. But I am back with a spring in my oh so youthful step

We are on our way mate. Not long now before I drive you all nuts

X
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Staar will become famous soon enoughStaar will become famous soon enough

Yep, have to agree with you guys, life is good! Sometimes think its all gonna come crashing down around are ears but not so far Kids just love it and are getting the chance to be kids. Kiwis are a good friendly lot and the weather... well, what a change to Irish/English winters, could quite happily live with this all year round(well almost). If we could only get "Steve Wright in the afternoon" in the car on the way home from school, life would be perfect

Sharon
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Staar
Yep, have to agree with you guys, life is good! Sometimes think its all gonna come crashing down around are ears but not so far Kids just love it and are getting the chance to be kids. Kiwis are a good friendly lot and the weather... well, what a change to Irish/English winters, could quite happily live with this all year round(well almost). If we could only get "Steve Wright in the afternoon" in the car on the way home from school, life would be perfect

Sharon
I missed Chris Moyles' breakfast show initially and used to listen to it in the evenings and then realised I was soooo far removed from what they were laughing over and too busy to care!!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

scharlonie will become famous soon enoughscharlonie will become famous soon enough

hi guys, cant wait to be with you all. the visa's came this morning , so i am booking the flights as we speak
have to say Moyles will be missed in this household, especially if its raining, always managed to make us laugh

cant say i blame people for moving life sounds soo much chilled out there, cant wait to sample it

roll on 10th January fingers crossed
Sharon
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

FishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really niceFishermansFriend is just really nice

The BBC home service (or Radio 4 as it's now known) wheeled someone out to bullsh*t about how most/all/many of those leaving were recent immigrants to the UK - Yeh, pull the other one!
They also forgot to mention the, possibly several million, members of the indigenous population who would be off at the drop of a hat if they could pass muster and get into Aus/NZ/Canada etc.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

The articles forgot to mention that many many more emigrated TO England than FROM it ! Emigration is increasing world wide ! The % NZ emigration to OZ is probably higher
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Staar
If we could only get "Steve Wright in the afternoon" in the car on the way home from school, life would be perfect

Sharon

Yep, Steve Wright in the afternoon was great - but listen to MORE FM (92.1), and Si and Gary - they are just as much fun, albeit a bit repetitive.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I had one of those "epiphany" moments yesterday,
I had one of 'em pifney dodahs last evening.

Himself phoned around 5.00pm to say he was going on down to the Holiday Park to lend a bit of a hand for something that needed doing. So I strolled on down over the causeway & sat on the beach near where he was working looking out over the water, listening to the birds and the sound of kids playing out as the sun went down.

It was almost dark when I walked on back to the house passing a few others on the way. Stars starting to come out, ducks greeting me at the gate. Everything peaceful and quiet.

I just thought what a wonderful place to be. How lucky to have that chance to live here.

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 25th 2012 at 3:21 am.