Reload this Page >

more people keep leaving NZ

more people keep leaving NZ

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: more people keep leaving NZ

Originally Posted by jmh
Yeah, Bojangles was sitting in her home in the UK, in a rewarding job, enjoying her unique British 'sense of humour' when she saw a misleading advertisement on the telly telling her that NZ was 100% pure. The rest, as they say, is history.
Actually, that is how it starts for many would be migrants to NZ. That , plus the pictures painted at the Expo's & the NZ/Oz migration magazines.

To a certain extent it is misleading as it doesn't paint a whole picture. There again how could it, as the aim is to attract people into NZ . It has to paint itself in the best light possible. That's called marketing.

Not everyone is cynical enough to look extremely closely behind the scene. Not everyone does 120% + on their emigrate homework. Many simply fall into it and are carried away on that roller coaster of a ride that's form filling, job hunting, pictures of houses and all that stuff. It's some time later that reality starts to hit home & that would be after your spent tens of thousands ,if not much more, setting up your 'new life'.

It's a whole other ballgame than heading off on an OE, perhaps to make some money and finding yourself still in the same place years later.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:04 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Actually, that is how it starts for many would be migrants to NZ. That , plus the pictures painted at the Expo's & the NZ/Oz migration magazines.

To a certain extent it is misleading as it doesn't paint a whole picture. There again how could it, as the aim is to attract people into NZ . It has to paint itself in the best light possible. That's called marketing.

Not everyone is cynical enough to look extremely closely behind the scene. Not everyone does 120% + on their emigrate homework. Many simply fall into it and are carried away on that roller coaster of a ride that's form filling, job hunting, pictures of houses and all that stuff. It's some time later that reality starts to hit home & that would be after your spent tens of thousands ,if not much more, setting up your 'new life'.

It's a whole other ballgame than heading off on an OE, perhaps to make some money and finding yourself still in the same place years later.

i drink wine to keep sane
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:07 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Boy you guys can't take a joke! Lighten up.

Seems some people can give it but they can't take it.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by jmh

perhaps we arent such bitches seems alot on BE
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:17 pm

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmh

Are you a giver or a receiver then?
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:24 pm
`

Originally Posted by jmh
Boy you guys can't take a joke!
G'won then. Tell me what the funny was.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:28 pm

waikatoguy is an unknown quantity at this point

G'won then. Tell me what the funny was.
Well ... I got it.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:30 pm
`

I was expecting you along.

Originally Posted by waikatoguy
Well ... I got it.
Of course you did.

G'won then. Explain the funny .
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 11:54 pm

Of course you did.

G'won then. Explain the funny .
It was all in JMH's brilliant timing. BJ's continually expressed very dismal view of kiwis as a people and their motives being passed off in JMH's joke as 'unique British sense of humour'.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 12:14 am

It was all in JMH's brilliant timing. BJ's continually expressed very dismal view of kiwis as a people and their motives being passed off in JMH's joke as 'unique British sense of humour'.
Haven't got one I've been in New Zealand far too long
I'm liking these smilies
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 1:34 am
`

Ah ! I see. I was thinking like a migrant who'd paid out $$$ to get here, rather than the New Zealander I now am.

Its a larf all the way to the NZ treasury, at other's expense, type hohoho.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:10 am

Ah ! I see. I was thinking like a migrant who'd paid out $$$ to get here, rather than the New Zealander I now am.

And also it's a larf all the way to the enrichment of many peoples lives. Because you and BJ havn't found a move to NZ worth the money, it doesn't mean others havnt found it worthwhile, going by some of the accounts I have read here, surely??? For many people, isn't it a 2 way street? NZ treasury benefits, immigrants benefit. I personally know someone from the UK who loves it here. In those cases it's all win-win. Because you don't enjoy it personally, it doesn't necessarily follow that you have been hoodwinked (in my opinion). And it doesn't necessarily give a non-enjoyer free reign to question the integrity, morals and general existence of the people of this country, and post it on the internet (in my opinion). Criticise the cost of living, wages, the government etc etc, all you like. I have.

The above post is just what I genuinely think.

Last edited by waikatoguy; Nov 23rd 2011 at 2:14 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

I can see that this is often the case even though it doesn't apply to me as we were 'posted' and 'employer funded'.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

And also it's a larf all the way to the enrichment of many peoples lives. Because you and BJ havn't found a move to NZ worth the money, it doesn't mean others havnt found it worthwhile, going by some of the accounts I have read here, surely??? For many people, isn't it a 2 way street? NZ treasury benefits, immigrants benefit. I personally know someone from the UK who loves it here. In those cases it's all win-win. Because you don't enjoy it personally, it doesn't necessarily follow that you have been hoodwinked (in my opinion). And it doesn't necessarily give a non-enjoyer free reign to question the integrity, morals and general existence of the people of this country, and post it on the internet (in my opinion). Criticise the cost of living, wages, the government etc etc, all you like. I have.

The above post is just what I genuinely think.
You are a Kiwi, this is primarily website for British Expats to vent. Anyone who has racked up as many posts as the regulars on here is either bored (me) or feels somewhat conned I>M>H O.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

mcgarnagle will become famous soon enoughmcgarnagle will become famous soon enough

Being so bitter must be exhausting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.