Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

More newbies in Christchurch

More newbies in Christchurch

Old Apr 24th 2010, 9:49 am
Just Joined

TiffinNZ has a spectacular aura aboutTiffinNZ has a spectacular aura aboutTiffinNZ has a spectacular aura about
Default More newbies in Christchurch

Hello all,

I'm Tiff, 33, from the South-West in the UK, arrived in Christchurch 10 days ago.. The Weather's been awesome till today, swapped flip flops for Uggs in just 24 hours!

I've moved here with my husband and we're very excited about our new lives on this lovely island. Work is about to start for me, Paul is back and forth to the UK at the moment as we came out pretty sharpish on a job offer for me. The only thing we're missing is our mates from home. Would love to meet some new friends, maybe for a beer locally...?

I figured that this was a good way to hook up with some like minded people!

We're in Mount Pleasant...Anyone local and up for a Sav/beer sometime?

Tiff
Old Apr 24th 2010, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: More newbies in Christchurch

Welcome, beer is always good!
Old Apr 24th 2010, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Always up for a pint, as long as the wife,s driving
Old Apr 25th 2010, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice

Hi Tiff

Welcome to CHCH

Saturdays weather was pretty grim at least we had some good sunshine today!

We live in the city so always up for a drink
Old Apr 25th 2010, 7:57 am
Just Joined

TiffinNZ has a spectacular aura aboutTiffinNZ has a spectacular aura aboutTiffinNZ has a spectacular aura about

That sounds great guys...Do you do a regular hook up for beers in town? I'd love to catch up if you do.

Mick, I was have a good old nose at your photos you've posted- some pretty awesome pics you have...I wondered, Is that your VW split? Paul's got one in UK that he's just sold and he's itching to get his hands on another one here..I've just seen about 10 on our trademe watchlist!

We're having his knackered out old Karmann Ghia shipped (if MAF will let it in of course!) but he'd be very interested to talk to you about the VW stuff in NZ.

I thought we'd escaped all that......!

Tiff
Old Apr 26th 2010, 4:49 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiffinNZ
That sounds great guys...Do you do a regular hook up for beers in town? I'd love to catch up if you do.

Mick, I was have a good old nose at your photos you've posted- some pretty awesome pics you have...I wondered, Is that your VW split? Paul's got one in UK that he's just sold and he's itching to get his hands on another one here..I've just seen about 10 on our trademe watchlist!

We're having his knackered out old Karmann Ghia shipped (if MAF will let it in of course!) but he'd be very interested to talk to you about the VW stuff in NZ.

I thought we'd escaped all that......!

Tiff
Yes that is my split, and one day when i'm old it might get back on the road!
Old Apr 27th 2010, 2:38 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
Yet another inhabitant of Christchurch up for a drink sometime
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice

for all v dub people, there is a catch up at Zeros coffee on Cashmere Rd tonight at 7pm (Christchurch VW Club)

They are (we are) a great bunch of people

We have a split screen too
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

Hi Dubstar,

Thanks for the invite, unfortunately read it 2 days too late! Paul more interested in the VWs than me to be honest, I just kind of go along with all the car parts all over the house!

Would be great to meet you though, and if you have another meet, I'd love to know about it!

Cheers

Tiff