Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

more bloody brits ;-)

more bloody brits ;-)

Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

coltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nice
Talking more bloody brits ;-)

hi all colin n terri here still in essex U.K ,just put our EOI in so see what happens next we are popping over in june for a little fact finding tour so may need a few pointers b4 we come catch u all soon
colin n terri X
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:03 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: more bloody brits ;-)

Hello. Welcome to the forums. Any questions, fire away.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi and welcome to this little NZ forum.

I have replied to your other post about plumbing qualification assessment & your EOI. Please do have a read. you have a little assessment with the PGDB to get underway.

My husband is a UK plumber working at the trade in NZ . We have been in NZ for nearly 4 years now.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

coltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nicecoltheplumb is just really nice

Hi Bevs
Thanks for that we did send e mail enquiries to both the pgdb and also the nzqa , pgdb sent back a couple of links and nzqa say they have passed it on to the relevent department ,
tell yr old man to save some work for me . is there still a big cry for plumbers or is it drying up a bit ? went to the N.Z Expo last week n there didnt appear to be much on show for trades so just wondered if we may have missed the boat so to speak.
well we have booked our flights for 3rd june fact finding tour so we will get a better idea when job hunting then , while im on can you recomend a good recruitment agency
cheers
colin n terri X
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:23 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Please don't bother paying any money to NZQA for assessments etc. You don't need to do that. You do need to get your preliminary assessment from the PGDB though. Just download the form from the link I gave you, collate your certificates and work exp, get it certified by a notary and send it off.

There is a huge shortage of plumbers out here.You will just need to make sure that prospective employers understand that it is a job offer first , then a work permit or PR. Not the other way around. Also , play fair with the company. Tell 'em you may be a few months in coming over.

Where do you think you want to be in NZ?

We didn't use any recruitment agency. We blitzed the yellow pages, emailing and posting CVs and a covering letter, to get a few interviews lined up before we come on our reccie. The PGDB preliminary assessment was also in place & we included the assessment letter with the CV details.

Once here, we just looked at vacancies in the local papers, walked into plumbers merchants and asked around and also called in on plumbing firms in our chosen areas.

I cannot see why you shouldn't be able to find work. Sparkies, chippies and plumbers all seem to still be in demand. Houses are still being built. Maintenance and retro-fits still happen.