Mood Swings

Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:28 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice
Default Mood Swings

Less than a week to go and I don't know how I feel. Me missus crying in mid sentence; me getting miserable and telling all my worries to the dog; everyone telling us how we are doing the right thing; excited about our adventure; worrying about the sale of our flat.

But at the moment I'm feeling fwahahahay
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:39 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future
Default Re: Mood Swings

Oh that all sounds very daunting! Thank you again for the reply you sent me few weeks ago about the EOI job offer question. I used the info tonight to submit my EOI ....guess that means its all official now! Sent off nurse registration docs too, its all very stressfull and scary!

Hope all goes well with your move...you'll be lucky enough to catch the end of summer too
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:13 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by ned View Post
But at the moment I'm feeling fwahahahay
Fwahahahay, eh? Drinks on the plane will cure that.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of

Don't worry, this is all really normal. I was a right moody missus when we were coming here, I was going out to parties and then having to come home early as I "wanted my Mum" LOL.

It is such a big step it is bound to mess with your head. Can I say though that it is well worth it when you get here. If you ever feel like not going just remember that you can always come home and if you don't try it you will never know and that would be horrible.

New Zealand is great
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of

Just realised you are going to live in Welly...if you can pop and see me and my hubby as we are coming up to Welly for Easter and are desperate for a social gathering!!! It sounds like we will be having a picnic with a few members from this site. The more the merrier.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:42 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I'll be the same when it's my turn.

Just bear in mind that it's what you do want to do with your life

Oh and have a few drinks, it always helps
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:44 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sue R View Post
Just bear in mind that it's what you do want to do with your life
How do you know what I want to do with my life
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:47 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

Sorry that was another Mood Swing kicking in

Here comes another
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:47 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Err just assumed you wanted to move to NZ
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:48 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Now I am very confused ...
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:54 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, my dog made me do it.
She said it would be funny.
I've told her no ones laughing
Old Feb 19th 2008, 11:10 pm
Queen of the Underworld

My dog wants to know how yours has so much control. He's been trying to escape from under my thumb for years
Damn he made me write this
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:33 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

to tell the truth - if i realised just how stressful the last week would be, the emotions, the stress..... i really dont think we would have done it. it made me physically ill! Lee and I were bickering all the while, and i had to get rid of the kids for a week. i really couldnt cope.

the moment you get on that plane though, this wave of relief comes over, and there begins your new chapter.

its fine, go with the flow, accept you will be stressed, accept the emotions - dont fight them, let it happen. remind yourself this is part of the course and in a weeks' time it will be all forgotten.

the kiwis of the older generation i have spoken to out here admire my courage and often remind me how brave i have been. it really is a big deal and you are to be patted on the back for that (get the dog to do it!)

hold on in there - and see you soon. do keep in touch with the welly expats - it helps to know there are people there who can relate to what you are going through.

i firmly believe that we should stick together and help the newbies when they arrive in the country. so dont be afraid to ask and accept help. and please dont think you are putting anybody out their way. if you get the offer of a lift from the airport - take it!

If you havent had such an offer already then drop me a pm. I have a people carrier and room for people and luggage.

see you soon! Kate. xxxx
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

You wouldn't be human if you didn't do something this big without a wobble. Hang on in there and you'll be alright.

Alison
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:47 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ned View Post
Less than a week ago and I don't know how I feel. Me hubby crying in mid sentence; me getting miserable and telling all my worries to the duck - quack; everyone telling us how I am doing the right thing..
Ah! It's a mods life.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 20th 2008 at 7:50 am. Reason: mooood, moderator - mooooods. Not mods.