Money worries?

Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:32 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Money worries?

Originally Posted by Genesis
Nothing to see here ladies and gents, (as I used to say in my former career!!) I am using the 'ignore' button (for ever more) so there is absolutely nothing to see. There will be no fireworks.

I am sick and tired of certain posters. I just wish I could delete them permanently from my screen...is there a way........apart from not using BE anymore?

Peace to you all, even those on ignore.
And also to you .

I suggested to you weeks ago that you may like to use the ignore button because you do seem to take great offence at anything and everything I write - just for the sake of it, regardless of how it makes you appear.

Glad to see you've taken my advice at last and now peace can break out again
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Well, it's been all good stuff watching a couple of you butt heads and getting nowhere fast. Hopefully more than one of you has tired of this brain aching exercise & has hit that Ignore Button.

There is no complete way to screen out a poster that has wedged themselves firmly up the nostrils & cannot be snorted out along with the bogies. All you can do is:-

in order of preference

1] Resist responding
2] Step away from the keyboard to have a fag , pour a large drink or do both even if you are a non-smoker and teetotal. Otherwise just do that yoga thing of breathing in and out, unless you are a teeny bit older , like myself , in which case it's an aerobic exercise..
3] Practice giggling at the screen for no other reason but that you can.
4] Use the Ignore facility.
5] Unsubscribe to the thread
6] Report to the mods if , in your opinion, what you see is complete shite. They will confer & act accordingly if
a - they agree with you ,
b - are awake ,
c - can be bovvered .

Apologies to the OP , Cheesehead, for having to wade through complete dross to get to the constructive posts.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:28 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies to the OP , Cheesehead, for having to wade through complete dross to get to the constructive posts.[/QUOTE]

You called someone a cheesehead! How rude!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:35 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Littletoe
If it's the way the OP wishes to portray himself, should I worry.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:38 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
If it's the way the OP wishes to portray himself, should I worry.

Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:02 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Not in Green Bay, Wisconsin, it's not. It's positively encouraged there!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

The first thing that Brits learn after arriving here is that money worries and NZ go hand in hand. Poverty and making do is a way of life here. And it doesn't help that the exchange rate in now the worst it's ever been and the house prices are still far too high. I agree with Avid about fools buying houses as soon as they arrive, and I am constantly amazed that many still do this in spite of the fact that the real estate market is as slippery as a ten foot snake.

I'd also recommend renting as the best option at the moment and waiting to see if the dollar will finally fall and common sense return to the housing market.
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Drover Jess has a brilliant futureDrover Jess has a brilliant futureDrover Jess has a brilliant futureDrover Jess has a brilliant futureDrover Jess has a brilliant futureDrover Jess has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Money worries?

Hi
well some things are becoming global, the Uk housing market is not as it was and the cost of living is rocketing everywhere - £1.20/ litre to put diesel in my car yesterday and everyone's food bills are escalating..

current fact of life - money seems to be on everyone's mind wherever they live, or want to live..

I expect things will settle in time, these things tend to go in cycles, bad times then better again.. just like agriculture.
However I know decisions can only be made on the facts at the time, and I am sure we all have PHD's in HINDSIGHT!!

all the best with your calculations... sometimes working out whether the head or the heart is in charge is really hard, and if you can afford it, and the family are up for an adventure, go for it and so you don't spend the rest of your life thinking if only..
just build in a safety net, if you can, and rent in NZ, and if you have one - rent out your UK house, and know you can come back if you need to and see what's best after you have tried it a while when the money markets settle which I am sure they will in time..

very best of luck with your decisions and plans