Money transfer

Old Jun 22nd 2016, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Money transfer

I have deferred transferring a large amount of cash to NZ in the expectation of a 'Remain' win and a large bounce in exchange rates - if Brexit win you will be able to hear my sobbing in the SI.

Anyone else in the same position?
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 7:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money transfer

Don't expect much of a bounce if Remain wins, and IMO it might be very short-lived. It may be already too late today for you to do anything, but if it was was me, I would move half the sum today, assuring me of not making the totally wrong decision, but enjoying the average of the "before and after" rates.

The polls today have moved back to where it is too close to call, after the absurd "sympathy bump" last weekend, so there is very real chance that the British public might actually take the right decision.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 22nd 2016 at 7:26 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money transfer

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Don't expect much of a bounce if Remain wins, and IMO it might be very short-lived. It may be already too late today for you to do anything, but if it was was me, I would move half the sum today, assuring me of not making the totally wrong decision, but enjoying the average of the "before and after" rates.

The polls today have moved back to where it is too close to call, after the absurd "sympathy bump" last weekend, so there is very real chance that the British public might actually take the right decision.
Politically I am with you, in terms of finance not - it is called schizophrenia I think