Money Money Money

Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

donnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura aboutdonnisons has a spectacular aura about
Default Money Money Money

Can anyone give us some advice or suggest a financial adviser who may be able to help.

We have some savings currently in the UK, but don't know if we should move them to NZ when we come, or should we leave them in the UK or move them off shore or a combination of all three.

Any advice most welcome.

Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2010, 10:55 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money Money Money

Really too many variables and personal information for people to advise you I guess.

There are threads on the exchange rate and which transfer companies people have used.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money Money Money

Originally Posted by donnisons
Can anyone give us some advice or suggest a financial adviser who may be able to help.

We have some savings currently in the UK, but don't know if we should move them to NZ when we come, or should we leave them in the UK or move them off shore or a combination of all three.

Any advice most welcome.

Thanks
The GBP has never really been this weak. The 10 yr median WAS about $2.70 per GBP. Now you will get just $2.20 if you are lucky. That is the 1st thing to consider. The 2nd is interest rates. As you are currently in the UK (ie resident) you can avail yourself to some excellent products in the Uk..fixed term bond things..I think the Nationwide was offereing about 4.5ish %. That is wild for the UK. Here on a 5yr term you will get just under 7% with a big bank not a crappy finance company. Personally if it were me I would take what I need now, suffer the horrible rate and get it invested in the Uk in the hope the GBP could come right. Of course there is every chance that the GBP will get worse..so you could just bite the bullet now aye? Who knows???