Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

money to be made with brexit exchange rate

money to be made with brexit exchange rate

Old Jun 24th 2016, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: money to be made with brexit exchange rate

Looks like our trip to NZ is going to get a whole lot more expensive. Looking forward to escaping here for a bit - the hysteria is driving me mad. You don't know how lucky you guys are down there.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 10:35 am
Welly bound

Munchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
I've seen some of my friends post on social media saying they want out of the UK and one suggested NZ. I have reminded him that NZ has strict immigration rules, we aren't ruled by bureaucrats from other countries and we sign our own trade deals. He would hate it here.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 10:56 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
I've seen some of my friends post on social media saying they want out of the UK and one suggested NZ. I have reminded him that NZ has strict immigration rules, we aren't ruled by bureaucrats from other countries and we sign our own trade deals. He would hate it here.
Yep, I've had friends message me and ask if it's difficult to get into NZ. Maybe I should send them to the forum, that'll be enough to put them off
Old Jun 25th 2016, 12:59 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 25th 2016, 1:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Yep, I've had friends message me and ask if it's difficult to get into NZ. Maybe I should send them to the forum, that'll be enough to put them off
If this is correct then at least they can get free help with their immy visa chances.

With the rest it is that good old Kiwi saying 'toughen up'.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

I think Britain is much better out than in (EU is a dead duck anyway) and so do all the MMT economists I know, and so does ex-UK Labour deputy leader Brian Gould:

Bryan Gould » A New Start for Britain and for Europe
Old Jun 25th 2016, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Watching One News, it appears some werent sure what they were voting for. Now that the reality has hit, they wish they could have the vote again. Does anyone know whats going to happen to all the Brits living in France and Spain etc? Will they be forced to go back to the UK now?
Old Jun 25th 2016, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

I see other monikers are in the pipeline for the next phase including Departugal, Italeave, Finnish and Outstria. Lol
Old Jun 25th 2016, 7:47 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garethwm
Watching One News, it appears some werent sure what they were voting for. Now that the reality has hit, they wish they could have the vote again. Does anyone know whats going to happen to all the Brits living in France and Spain etc? Will they be forced to go back to the UK now?
Which is why it should never have made it to referendum in the first place! The most popular search item for google recently in the UK has been "what does EU mean?"

The government trusted the general public with a massive decision with major repercussions that will last for years. I'm not sure if the government realised just how deluded, misinformed, a little bit racist and what seems to be plain stupid the Joe Public really are. At least John Key only gave us a flag referendum, sensible decision me thinks
Old Jun 25th 2016, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Which is why it should never have made it to referendum in the first place! The most popular search item for google recently in the UK has been "what does EU mean?"

The government trusted the general public with a massive decision with major repercussions that will last for years. I'm not sure if the government realised just how deluded, misinformed, a little bit racist and what seems to be plain stupid the Joe Public really are. At least John Key only gave us a flag referendum, sensible decision me thinks
Not really as the Kiwis were so annoyed at how much money it cost them on the flag referendum in protest they wanted nothing to do with a new flag, how idiotic. Those same Kiwis however want a new flag in the Near future, comical people
Old Jun 25th 2016, 10:42 am
She'll be right

Originally Posted by paddy234
Not really as the Kiwis were so annoyed at how much money it cost them on the flag referendum in protest they wanted nothing to do with a new flag, how idiotic. Those same Kiwis however want a new flag in the Near future, comical people
Sensible in comparison, but still not overly sensible no!
Old Jun 25th 2016, 11:16 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: money to be made with brexit exchange rate

Now that the reality has hit, they wish they could have the vote again.
Yeah...but they can't. Don't worry though they can elect the opposition who can reapply for EU membership and perhaps in a decade or so if they play their cards right.... I think Britain got the outcome it deserved, whether it continues to want it or not.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

I don't quite understand why they can't apply for citizenship of the relevant country if wanted (most have a similar residence requirement as NZ ie 5 years).

Living in a foreign country and using their infrastructure etc but demanding all the rights of a UK citizen as well (including the right to vote) seems untenable to me.

Last edited by Kotare; Jun 25th 2016 at 9:32 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2016, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Oo! I like this.

"Eventually people will come for you"

https://www.facebook.com/AthensLiveG...type=2&theater
Old Jun 26th 2016, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoCarb
Oo! I like this.

"Eventually people will come for you"

https://www.facebook.com/AthensLiveG...type=2&theater
Excellent link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.