Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

money to be made with brexit exchange rate

money to be made with brexit exchange rate

Old Jun 30th 2016, 6:32 pm
Welly bound

Munchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: money to be made with brexit exchange rate

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
Thank you Bevs. I've been pretty quiet on this and to be insulted then ridiculed by someone who has no understanding of what we're going through has been a pretty unpleasant experience.

I've been posting less and less and this just confirms that I might as well stop altogether. We'll continue to work towards NZ and keep jumping all the b****y hoops that people keep putting in the way but this is obviously not somewhere good to be right now.

Thanks to everyone that's helped so far and I hope to see some of you when we, eventually , arrive.
Best of luck Hazlenut
Old Jul 1st 2016, 11:43 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: money to be made with brexit exchange rate

Now in my defense before you read this post I've had a couple of pints but also in my defense it is Friday and I am British.

Originally Posted by BEVS
You have a point of view then speak that.
Exactly, why should ignorance be a bar? Maybe I should express my ill informed opinion as well. I mean I'm not an expert but I bet I must 'reckon' something .

No matter how well I articulate my argument it's unlikely to change other peoples views on European politics and in a way nor should I expect to. We've reached an impasse beyond which analysis and conjecture alone cannot move us.

Perhaps as a nation we have found our current limits with this debate. We cannot yet have the depth of national discussion required to form a consensus view and may have been a little ambitious. This may becomes a more piecemeal and protracted discussion now because the questions raised where as much about what sort of country, society and culture the UK wants as about EU membership. Some of us found it difficult to contemplate the murder of MP Jo Cox, we tend not to think of the UK as having a violent culture and I hope regardless of the direction the UK takes in future that prevails. Surely we have lost something truly British and very important if 'her ways are not ways of gentleness, and all her paths are not peaceful.'

It looks like we are going to face an extended period of limbo so lets make sure our own house is in order, there are deep rifts in the union of the Kingdoms which surely must come foremost and plenty of pressing bread-on-the-table type problems to solve at home. At this time I would ask all the British peoples to look into our hearts and ask how the state of the union can be strengthened. It's only 100 years since the Easter rising in Ireland and we should make damn sure we are not the generation that loses another part of the Kingdom through rifts left to turn septic or arrogance or complacency.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing sancrosanct about the union of the 'United Kingdom' - it is after all a political union bought about in part by force of arms. As times fluctuate so will political unions (otherwise we would still have the Roman, the Hapsberg and the British Empires).
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Surely we have lost something truly British and very important if 'her ways are not ways of gentleness, and all her paths are not peaceful.'
Since when have the brits ever been a gentle and peaceful nation
Old Jul 4th 2016, 2:38 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

54p to the NZD. FTSE 250 is actually holding up well all considered.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 8:31 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: money to be made with brexit exchange rate

54p to the NZD.
55p. We are fast approaching the high set in 2013 @ 0.5607p, could be a new record.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 9:16 am
Welly bound

Munchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond repute

55p. We are fast approaching the high set in 2013 @ 0.5607p, could be a new record.
Mark Carney proposing to lower interest rates combined with more QE "money printing" means t' pound will only move in one direction. Propping up asset prices rather than sterling seems to be the preferred option. Tough for those trying to emigrate with £'s....
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

maquis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Munchkjn
Tough for those trying to emigrate with £'s....
Yes, we'll be swimming back at this rate!
Old Jul 6th 2016, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Munchkjn
Mark Carney proposing to lower interest rates combined with more QE "money printing" means t' pound will only move in one direction. Propping up asset prices rather than sterling seems to be the preferred option. Tough for those trying to emigrate with £'s....
Looks like they are abandoning austerity and adopting fiscal stimulus at last.

We’re all Keynesians now, but a hard reality awaits our brave new world
Old Jul 7th 2016, 6:56 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Unhappy Re: money to be made with brexit exchange rate

Interesting to see several property funds limiting or freezing withdrawls, they've run out of liquidity quickly which suggests there is something of a rush out of property investments they didn't anticipate. Could easily become a self fulfilling as more people scramble to make redemptions before the liquid funds dry up.

Brace for impact!
Old Jul 7th 2016, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

I am bracing, as I still have a wodge in UK - trying to work out what to buy and ship eg a couple of camper vans?
Old Jul 8th 2016, 7:49 am
Truth is the safest lie.

So close to closing above this, 0.5606p although it did peak above this price level.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 9:47 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Fallen back on OCR cut expectations.
Old Jul 22nd 2016, 1:05 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

PMI numbers out in the UK, very poor indeed. However PMI is a survey not hard economic data, it's a leading indicator. Clearly business are expecting an impact.

NZD has fallen back on OCR rate cut expectations however giving a little more room for Kiwi exporters to breath.
Old Aug 4th 2016, 11:15 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Via the BBC:
"UK interest rates have been cut from 0.5% to 0.25% - a record low and the first cut since 2009.

The Bank of England announced a range of measures to stimulate the UK economy including buying £60bn of UK government bonds and £10bn of corporate bonds.

The Bank also announced the biggest cut to its growth forecasts since it started making them in 1992.

It has reduced its growth prediction for 2017 from the 2.3% it was expecting in May to 0.8%."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.