Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The "moments I felt like a kiwi" thread...

The "moments I felt like a kiwi" thread...

Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:58 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile The "moments I felt like a kiwi" thread...

Please, feel free to add your own experiences. I think I had my first "becoming a kiwi" moment last night .

My flatmate and I where on a gravel track. His car broke down but rather than call the AA we thought we could fix it ourselves (we are blokes after all, a woman would have called the AA and waited half an hour ).

The connector on his battery hadn't been tightened propperly and shaken loose but we found out that the connectors where actually too small for the battery, at which point a non-kiwi bloke would call the AA and wait half an hour. But we didn't...

With a set of pliers and wire I found on a nearby fence I bodged a connection and less than an hour and a half later we where on our way again . If a bloke on a quadbike with gumboots and a swan dry had pulled up for a yak I would have got teary eyed and sung the national anthem (English bit obviously ).
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: The "moments I felt like a kiwi" thread...

Silly arse.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:39 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "moments I felt like a kiwi" thread...

Awww, you're getting a little emotional there CharismaticIs the car still going?

I have many "moments I feel like a kiwi" but it tends to be confined to one in particular. Now just where is Mr Sue...