Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mobile phones in NZ ???

Mobile phones in NZ ???

Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile phones in NZ ???

You're probably better off on PAYG anyway. 2 Degrees is meant to be launching a 3G network this year, and that will probably drive prices down. I'd hate to be locked into a 2-yr contract just before prices drop.

Are prices really that bad here? I use my 2 deg phone whenever I need to, my emails are constantly synched to it and I view a few webpages now and then. I top up $20 at a time and this typically lasts 2-3 months.

As for phone prices, you could get a SIM-free HTC touch diamond 2 for less than $600. And then you wouldn't have to suffer Apple's iphone control freakery
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile phones in NZ ???

Originally Posted by Genesis
Personally I hate cell phones...one or two reasons are that the garbage connections here make them all but uselss, the pricing and the fact that they can make you very ill. NZ is the most expensive place in the world to use one and the reception is positively stoneage. Apart from that they are great. Oh and another reason to hate them is because of ALL the tossers who use them in their cars for calling and texting that cause other to die in way too many collisions. There is only one place for a mobile and that is in the boot of your car. They are only any good for emergencies or texting IMHO. Rant over. Next poster please.

Considering the size of the country and small popn I've found mobile reception to be quite reasonable.

I'd agree comments regarding mobiles and driving, ridiculous that it was only last year that it became illegal to use a hand held mobile without a hands free kit. So many drove with mobile's in one hand and the other on the wheel, thankfully it does seem to have declined somewhat since it became illegal.