mmmmmmm?

Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

nellyboo will become famous soon enoughnellyboo will become famous soon enough
Default mmmmmmm?

hello

i have pr and a 2 year returning visa. do i have to do anything else when i arrive?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 5:37 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: mmmmmmm?

You will go through the New Zealand Australia Permanent Residency queue instead of the foreign passport line. You will get a resident stamp that gives you the right to remain indefinitely.

Other than that, don't expect balloons and a brass band to welcome you. It's quite routine.

Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:33 pm
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations really pleased for you, did it take you long to get PR?

what i'd like to know is what's the 2 year returning visa part of it?

Old Sep 5th 2007, 1:33 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome
what i'd like to know is what's the 2 year returning visa part of it?
When you are granted permanent residency you will be issued a two-year returning resident visa allowing you to leave and re-enter New Zealand as a permanent resident. After the 2 year PR expires you can apply for an Indefinite Returning Resident's Visa (IRRV). This visa will give you the right to enter New Zealand and remain indefinitely. The thing is, with an IRRV you can stay outside the country for an indefinite period and still have the right of return.

For example, you have been in New Zealand for three years and you've applied for and received your IRRV. You are offered a superb contract overseas, but the rub is that it is a five year commitment. You can go ahead and take up the contract and return to New Zealand at the conclusion of your service. Do be aware this might affect your eligibility for citizenship, but you still will have residency as long as you show some tie to the country. Anyhow, this is how I understand how it works.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:14 am
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by happynz
When you are granted permanent residency you will be issued a two-year returning resident visa allowing you to leave and re-enter New Zealand as a permanent resident. After the 2 year PR expires you can apply for an Indefinite Returning Resident's Visa (IRRV).
I suppose that means more $$$$ to pay out then
Old Sep 5th 2007, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome
I suppose that means more $$$$ to pay out then
Of course.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

I got indef RRVs last week for my OH and myself and it cost $140
Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:19 am
Just Joined

Jessy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mmmm?

Originally Posted by sarahw
I got indef RRVs last week for my OH and myself and it cost $140
Hi Sarahw, could you tell me how long it took to receive your RRVs. I have to leave NZ around the time my original RRV expires. Can you apply in advance? Also how do you apply for an indefinite RRV, or do immigration always award an indefinite one after the original 2 year RRV? Thanks!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mmmm?

Originally Posted by Jessy
Hi Sarahw, could you tell me how long it took to receive your RRVs.
Mine ran out in August and work want me to go to Aus in a few weeks time. I went down to Immigration on Queen St, AKL at opening time (8.30) and got seen straight away. Our application was pretty straightforward as we've been here nearly full time for 2 years. It took about 30 mins and I walked out with our indef RRV in our passports - easy!

I have to leave NZ around the time my original RRV expires. Can you apply in advance?
I would imagine the best thing to do is ring NZIS but I'm sure they're used to this sort of situation.

Also how do you apply for an indefinite RRV, or do immigration always award an indefinite one after the original 2 year RRV? Thanks!
There's a form you need to fill in that you can download from NZIS, pay your money and hand over your passports

Good luck
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

Jessy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, I didn't realise you could apply in person, that's really good. I'll be having a day trip to Auckland then!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

There are NZIS branches is Auckland, Manukau, Hamilton, Palmerston North, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin so one of those might be more convenient for you