Reload this Page >

Missing UK Telly choices!

Missing UK Telly choices!

Old Dec 12th 2018, 7:52 am
Just Joined

PeteHusky is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Missing UK Telly choices!

Hi all.

Been here 2 weeks so far of my 2+ years. Loving so much about the country but the TV - my goodness its dire. I noticed that even Amazon and Netflix have far fewer shows than they do in the UK, and the Sky channels dont have any of the big dramas you get on Sky Witness and Sky Atlantic in the UK.

I'd love to be able to record (And then watch at sensible times) UK TV shows, but have found that the main channels online have ways to detect and block people using VPNs so I'm stumped.

Anyone managed to get a better set up?

Pete
Old Dec 13th 2018, 1:53 am
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of
Default Re: Missing UK Telly choices!

hi, it awful eh .. if using google chrome go to Extensions (top right Click the 3 dots>More tools>Extensions) then search for 'makeme VPN' install/activate it then click on it and select 'British' works 100% of the time for me for iPlayer etc

Match of the day / football - go here - https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/
Old Dec 13th 2018, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

nikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond repute

You get used to it... well we did. We don’t even watch as much tv as we did in the uk! That’s got to be a good thing. Too much else to do and fun to be had. We do have Netflix and it keeps us going for a tv series binge.
I visited family in the uk in October and I found the tv options too much. 4 years in and I still love the lack of having to hear about football 😂😂
Old Dec 13th 2018, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry, all the big dramas you like will be on here in about 3 years time, until then you can bide your time watching 6 year old episodes of the chase
Old Dec 13th 2018, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

valleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nice

Coro and eastenders are only running about 3 weeks behind the only thing i watch is emmerdale on www.dailymotion.com
Old Dec 13th 2018, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

sparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond repute

Get a VPN and download movies from yts.am send em through bit torrent...bingo.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 10:16 pm
jjg
Numpty

jjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of light

Get an Android box and subscribe to a supplier who has UK TV. You will be able to watch everything for about $30 a month, either live or not.
Old Dec 14th 2018, 1:19 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I use a dns service and access BBC iplayer and ITV on demand. You can download to the iplayer app. I also subscribe to Acorn TV which I hear is coming to NZ. That has a broad mix of UK/NZ/Australian and Candadian TV. Some of it is a bit old, but advert free so I don't care. I have subscribed to Amazon in the UK with the DNS too. I use Getflix which comes with a free vpn, but I hear the DNS4me is good too.

https://www.getflix.com

https://dns4me.net

https://acorn.tv
Old Dec 14th 2018, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a slingbox/slingplayer. Bought in uk and lives next to my dad's sky tv box. It digitises what he's watching and beams it over t'ininternet to app on my phone and onto my tv via chromecast. I can change channels, record etc and we don't clash much due to time zones but if I really wanted my own exclusive access I could pay for another sky box in his house, used to be only a 10er a month, probs more now. Great bit of tech
Old Feb 19th 2019, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

valleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angeldimana
<snip>
you can use www.dailymotion.co.uk it costs nothi g that's what I use for all my soaps and uk tv

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 19th 2019 at 1:05 pm. Reason: Advert removed from quoted post
Old Feb 21st 2019, 7:46 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeteHusky
Hi all.

Been here 2 weeks so far of my 2+ years. Loving so much about the country but the TV - my goodness its dire. I noticed that even Amazon and Netflix have far fewer shows than they do in the UK, and the Sky channels dont have any of the big dramas you get on Sky Witness and Sky Atlantic in the UK.

I'd love to be able to record (And then watch at sensible times) UK TV shows, but have found that the main channels online have ways to detect and block people using VPNs so I'm stumped.

Anyone managed to get a better set up?

Pete
You're going to LOVE me: Getflix. Best and simplest set up I have ever used, plus excellent service and super cheap. I run it on one laptop as it was the simplest set up (just a few clicks) rather than configuring the modem. I connect the laptop to the TV or just watch on my laptop. Happily enjoying Sewing Bee at the moment.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Getflix is fantastic, only just discovered it recently!
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 11:05 pm
cym
Forum Regular

cym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond reputecym has a reputation beyond repute

we missed the telly choices when we came over as well, but have adjusted to what's on offer now - just. But still miss the radio stations. I listen in to Radio 2 via the play again facility on the interwebthingy and now bluetooth that to the workplace radio - everyone seems to enjoy it much more than the trash that's offered up to kiwi's
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cym
we missed the telly choices when we came over as well, but have adjusted to what's on offer now - just. But still miss the radio stations. I listen in to Radio 2 via the play again facility on the interwebthingy and now bluetooth that to the workplace radio - everyone seems to enjoy it much more than the trash that's offered up to kiwi's
I have a link on my desktop at work for most uk radio stations, I'll pm it to you if you like
I'm south island rural and we dont get much on the radio either at home or in the car
I have the global player app on my phone and listen to Jonny Vaugh on radio x on catch up everyday on my way to and from work
Radio in NZ takes a bit of getting used to, Im not a fan of the 2 blokes and 1 female "crew" concept that stations here seem to think is compulsory. The female is always the butt of the jokes and the jokes are seldom funny.
There was a tiny station in Devonport called "The Flea" that was very good and http://www.brianfm.com/ is great, no ads, no dj's just music

Last edited by Justcol; Feb 23rd 2019 at 9:59 am.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

DanielWRL80 is an unknown quantity at this point

It’s really easy and free to access uk radio. I listen to BBC 6 Music daily whilst working. I never have kiwi radio on unless I’m working somewhere without interment or 4G.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.