British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Missing Post from UK - Help! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/missing-post-uk-help-684497/)

sfitz Sep 8th 2010 12:40 am

Missing Post from UK - Help!

Hi All,

Wonder if the more seasoned expats can help me out here. I had some of my old trainers sent to me from the UK (forgotten in the rush to pack!). They were sent weeks ago but still havent arrived. Anyone got any idea of how I can chase this in case there stuck in Auckland airport somewhere!?!?

Unfortunately they were sent just via standard air mail and therefore no tracking number but do have the receipt where it was sent from the UK if that makes any difference at all.

Appreciate any help,
Cheers,
S.

CarolineSwan Sep 8th 2010 1:11 am

Re: Missing Post from UK - Help!

I am waiting on a parcel to from my daughters birthday posted 2/3 weeks ago, normally when it takes this long it means MAF are going through it, if they wrote trainers on the parcel that may be why they checking them

janeyk Sep 8th 2010 1:44 am

not on missing post but I had to laugh yesterday when I was flown over in July I was allowed to apply for the Air Nz points card which I did put UK address on it we have now moved 6 weeks later to the North Shore the card had gone from tacapuna to the Uk and then been redirected to Torbay in North Shore that card has some air miles of its own!

Psychopandy Sep 8th 2010 4:46 am

I am still awaiting 2 birthday cards that i have been assured have been posted from the UK to get to me prior to the 31st of August. Both from different sources but neither have appeared. I am starting to think i have annoyed the postie!!
Usually it only takes about a week - either way. I would have thought your trainers should defo be with you now. But have no idea how to go about chasing them, sorry x

chocolate cake Sep 8th 2010 10:07 am

Post seems to be slow of late, I've just waited 3 1/2 weeks for a parcel I ordered that's normally here in less than a week. I reported it lost Monday, and the Company have jsut sent a replacement yesterday too :o

jmh Sep 8th 2010 10:09 am

Slightly off topic (sorry) but I get the impression that post from NZ to UK is pretty good (cheaper and quicker) than post going the other way. My mum sends my presents a week before and they always arrive. I can't guarantee the same with hers. Is this other people's experience?

BEVS Sep 8th 2010 10:21 am

I'd bet

Used trainers = MAF inspection

BEVS Sep 8th 2010 10:24 am

Originally Posted by jmh (Post 8833581)
Slightly off topic (sorry) but I get the impression that post from NZ to UK is pretty good (cheaper and quicker) than post going the other way. My mum sends my presents a week before and they always arrive. I can't guarantee the same with hers. Is this other people's experience?

Well . It depends what is in the parcel. MAF & Customs can hold up stuff. Normally the delay is this NZ end.
Maybe the UK deal with parcels and inspections quicker.

jmh Sep 8th 2010 10:27 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8833619)
Well . It depends what is in the parcel. MAF & Customs can hold up stuff. Normally the delay is this NZ end.
Maybe the UK deal with parcels and inspections quicker.

LOL, glad you clarified that - my dad puts it down to the superior NZ post service!

BEVS Sep 8th 2010 10:33 am

Originally Posted by jmh (Post 8833625)
LOL, glad you clarified that - my dad puts it down to the superior NZ post service!

:lol: Bless cotton socksies.

I had a parcel from the UK delayed by over 3 months. It's crime was to contain two books , liquorice ( don't ask :blink:) chocolate (don't ask :blink:and a tub of gravy granules ( don't ask :blink:) which seemed to have been taken apart and then reassembled.

CarolineSwan Sep 8th 2010 10:36 am

this delay of lucys present is the longest i have had, one of her pressies was detained by MAF so was longer than the rest but only by a few days, butthis is a few weeks. other than that i have always recieved parcels from the UK and USA within 7 days so no complains here (YET lol if this one doesnt show soon i will be lol)

simonsi Sep 8th 2010 8:51 pm

With no tracking number no-one will know where in the system it is, might still be in the UK!