miss the pub

Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: miss the pub

Welly seems to be doing it for me, been here 7 weeks and been hungover most weekends!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yotty
So you often met loads of drunken men down town?
*Stereotypes* lyrics by The Specials (Terry Hall)

He's just a stereotype
He drinks his age in pints
He has girls every night
But he doesn't really exist

He spends his weekends with a load of blokes
He forgets the punch line when he tells a joke
He wants to stay out, he don't want to go home
'Till his nicotine fingers are stuffed down his throat

He's just a stereotype
He drives home pissed at night
And he listens to his stereo

He blamed his fiancé? when he caught VD
The doctor said no drink for seventeen weeks
He wants to go out but he has to stay home
Sit in and watch colour TV on his own

He's just a stereotype
He drives home pissed at night
And he listens to his stereo

The tablets are finished, the cure is complete
He hasn't had a drink now for seventeen weeks
Seventeen pints, tonight is the night
It goes straight to his head, he ends up in a fight

Police chase him home through the dark rainy night
Fluorescent jam sandwich with flashing blue light
His mums waiting up, she hopes he's alright
But he's wrapped round a lamp post on Saturday night

He's just a stereotype
He has girls every night
He doesn't really exist
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:15 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: miss the pub

Err I don't think I could drink my age in pints .. only had one girl in the last 25 years ..I do exist .. I probably work at week ends .. I don't know any jokes ..I like to stay in and I don't smoke!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

chasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant future

Err I don't think I could drink my age in pints .. only had one girl in the last 25 years ..I do exist .. I probably work at week ends .. I don't know any jokes ..I like to stay in and I don't smoke!
We miss the pub...but there is an English pub very close...Browns Bay!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the in place to be?
What am I doing here?
Watching the girls go by
Spending money on...

Sleep all day
It's the only way
I'm a parasite
I creep about at night

Nite Klub, is this the in place to be?
Nite Klub, what am I doing here?
Nite Klub, watching the girls go by
Spending money on...

Hey, hey, I don't work
Cos I don't have to
I don't have to work
There's no work to do

Nite Klub, I'm a member of the Nite Klub
Nite Klub, a fully paid up member of the Nite Klub

I won't dance in a club like this
All the girls are slags
and the beer tastes just like piss

I'm a parasite
I creep about at night
Yes I'm a member of the Nite Klub
A fully paid up member of the Nite Klub

Nite Klub, is this the in place to be?
Nite Klub, what am I doing here?
Nite Klub, watching the girls go by
Spending money on beer

-Nite Klub- Lyrics by The Specials (Terry Hall)

Last edited by crap coffee; Dec 2nd 2007 at 5:19 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:25 am
Account Closed

You must have me confused with someone else !
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Avid
You could all move to Dunedin...they have some decent pubs down there....not like the pubs in Wellington, which are pretty rubbish to be honest.

(Lots of nice cafes, though)

While I'm here...another Aussie myth is that they swear a lot. The Kiwis swear A LOT more.
I lived in Oz for a few years. I found Aussies swear A LOT MORE than kiwis. You are in for a surprise mate.

You will often meet loads of drunken men in the street (even) before lunch times and of course they do swear. <snip> :curse:

Plus Aussie beers are naff ....

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 2nd 2007 at 9:34 am. Reason: no need.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:35 am
Account Closed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pehHNJWKf3g
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 6:57 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm skeered to click on that link, but I'm sure I will!

Take a trip out to Whitby and go to the Crow's Nest, nice place.

Have zero complaints about places to booze it up here. Have you not found the Courtenay Arms on Alan Street? That says it's a British pub. I guess it's close enough. Mind you, I've not lived in the UK since early 1992 so I'm not really that fussed over pubs now. Now French cafes, that's another matter!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 7:03 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I was right to be skeered to click on that. That's a bloody awful video! I love Squeeze to bits, but videos like that are just ... unnecessary.