miss the pub

Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of
Default miss the pub

Do any of you guys miss the pub? I really do. We used to go out to the local 3 or 4 nights a week. We both really miss it. BBQs at peoples houses are ok but it would be nice to get together with people who want to get pissed and have a good drunken laugh and stay up after 10.30 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: miss the pub

Do you not get pissed and stay up late at the bbqs then?
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Do you not get pissed and stay up late at the bbqs then?
This is New Zealand, no the kiwis do not do that. Not exactly the wildest bunch of people. Remember they get confused with Aussies but they are not.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

GOD YES WE SO MISS A GOOD P**S UP DOWN THE PUB.....SO WHEN WE GOIN THEN LOL.......IT HAS TO BE ROWDY THO"....NOT SAT QUIETLY ROUND A TABLE......DANCIN ON THEM????!!! :b eer::embaressed_smile:
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by krissie
GOD YES WE SO MISS A GOOD P**S UP DOWN THE PUB.....SO WHEN WE GOIN THEN LOL.......IT HAS TO BE ROWDY THO"....NOT SAT QUIETLY ROUND A TABLE......DANCIN ON THEM????!!! :b eer::embaressed_smile:
now thats more like it, lets get mental. Brits abroad thing or in blighty. Drink and get pissed and party. wake up next day and think what a night, oh my head, who my head, shit who was that girl, I am in trouble with my missus, shit you can talk who was that bloke you was with.A bloody good night and no violence apart from verbal.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

WE HAVENT HAD A NIGHT LIKE THAT SINCE WE WER DOWN ACCY (ACCRINGTON!!!!!) IN THE UK!! BUT ME N HIM ARE UP FOR A GUD DRUNKEN LAFF...WER IN THE BAY ARE U?
Old Dec 1st 2007, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by krissie
WE HAVENT HAD A NIGHT LIKE THAT SINCE WE WER DOWN ACCY (ACCRINGTON!!!!!) IN THE UK!! BUT ME N HIM ARE UP FOR A GUD DRUNKEN LAFF...WER IN THE BAY ARE U?
Whakatane, the most boring place in the workd for alchos.

Last edited by lizard; Dec 1st 2007 at 12:15 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 12:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizard
This is New Zealand, no the kiwis do not do that. Not exactly the wildest bunch of people. Remember they get confused with Aussies but they are not.
Don't you believe it. The "Aussie drinkers" are also a myth. Take tonight - friend has BBQ, I take my own alcohol, as they don't have any (not a problem, I'm quite happy to do that) but then get asked to put it in the car and get each can as I want it (out on the road, down a steep wet slippery lawn) as it is messing up her kitchen.

The idea of the Aussies being big drinkers is a myth, trust me. Most beer here is only 2 or 3%; if you want anything stronger in the pubs you have to request it and really inisist on it, especially if you are female, as they seem to think you can't take it. My local does bottles of Magners cider, but they insist on watering it down by adding ice as "it is too large a bottle to drink without any ice or water". I won't post my reply as it wasn't polite! One girl I work with spent some time working in the UK and when we were talking about it last week she said that she found it really odd that people could have a pint (yes, a whole pint) at lunchtime and still work in the afternoon Now I know why when I go to the pub at lunchtime in Brisbane and drink 2 bottles of 5% lager they are selling tickets to watch me walk back across the road
Old Dec 1st 2007, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

I always thought those Aussies were lightweights Polly!
Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Aaahh the English pub. I'm afraid it's something you will not find anywhere else in the world. Many countries have tried to copy it but it just doesn't work. For English people it's an institution and a social occasion. There's just a whole feel and warmth to them that is hard to describe.

Landlord, a pint of your finest please.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

having just risen form my pit after a nite in a pub, you just aren't trying hard enough you lot!

(now off to find black pudding and sausages..)
Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:37 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

You could all move to Dunedin...they have some decent pubs down there....not like the pubs in Wellington, which are pretty rubbish to be honest.

(Lots of nice cafes, though)

While I'm here...another Aussie myth is that they swear a lot. The Kiwis swear A LOT more.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
You could all move to Dunedin...they have some decent pubs down there....not like the pubs in Wellington, which are pretty rubbish to be honest.

(Lots of nice cafes, though)

While I'm here...another Aussie myth is that they swear a lot. The Kiwis swear A LOT more.
I think the Aussies swear a lot. Was quite surprised when I first come over. I just think its funny
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 1:57 am
Account Closed

But does "My Oath" count as swearing ?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 2:40 am
Account Closed

So you often met loads of drunken men down town?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.