Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mental health Nurse in New Zealand

Mental health Nurse in New Zealand

Old Jan 4th 2018, 12:21 am
Just Joined

Leva47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mental health Nurse in New Zealand

This is my first post, I am a band 5 mental health nurse on my third pay increment. I currently work in early intervention in psychosis. I have searched for early intervention jobs in New Zealand and I cannot find any suitable , can anyone point me in the right direction please. Also is it correct that you can not apply for jobs until you have your international nursing registration? ( I am aware that it is closed until jan 23rd 2018) does anyone know how long this process takes ? I shall be moving with my husband we are ages 47f and 42m, we are both hoping to have jobs before we move! Thanks in advance for any replies, and happy new year 2018. Liz
Old Jan 4th 2018, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mental health Nursing in New Zealand

Originally Posted by Leva47
This is my first post, I am a band 5 mental health nurse on my third pay increment. I currently work in early intervention in psychosis. I have searched for early intervention jobs in New Zealand and I cannot find any suitable , can anyone point me in the right direction please. Also is it correct that you can not apply for jobs until you have your international nursing registration? ( I am aware that it is closed until jan 23rd 2018) does anyone know how long this process takes ? I shall be moving with my husband we are ages 47f and 42m, we are both hoping to have jobs before we move! Thanks in advance for any replies, and happy new year 2018. Liz

Accent health recruitment are a good (and free) point of contact they were specifically looking for RMN not so long back if i recall. Yes first thing would be to get your registration most employers wont look at you until its done or at least most of the way done. The process as tou can imagine is long and laborious i think it took me 3 months of toing and froing to get my intital registration. You will then need to get your annual certificate before you start work that can take upto a month
Old Jan 4th 2018, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Mental health Nurse in New Zealand

Thank you for the quick response , I will Start this once registration is back open. Is it easy to complete or would it be better for my agent to complete it for me? I know it’s more money ! But I don’t want to fluff it up.
We are currently looking at the different areas of New Zealand to live and work ? We have looked at Auckland but found it’s very expensive, can you suggest any areas to look at.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the quick response , I will Start this once registration is back open. Is it easy to complete or would it be better for my agent to complete it for me? I know it’s more money ! But I don’t want to fluff it up.
We are currently looking at the different areas of New Zealand to live and work ? We have looked at Auckland but found it’s very expensive, can you suggest any areas to look at.
The form is easy to fill out, the evidence they want is exacting and will cover your entire life as a nurse so id get all that together first (they have a checklist on the forms) i work for Waikato DHB in hamilton and i relly love it here but you can ask everyone and each will come up with a different opinion, i hear the south island is very nice, it all depends on what environment you want to live in...but yes Auckland os very expensive
Old Jan 4th 2018, 1:01 am
Just Joined

To be honest , just myself and husband are moving. our adult children are staying in the uk. So we both want a quiet life near to a beach as possible. We love the beach and could sit on it for hours so that’s something we are looking forward to. I have contacted Accent and they are due to reopen on jan 8th . I can not access the registration forms at all I can’t view the checklist either. How long have you been in New Zealand.we are currently in Australia on holiday, visiting my husbands family.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 1:06 am
Just Joined

Ahhh thanks I did reply but do not know where it has gone. Myself and my husband are moving as our adult children are staying in the uk. So we both love the beach so hopefully looking to live near there. We are outdoors people so beachlife would suit us when not working. I have contacted Accent and received an automated email stating they are back open on jan 8th. We are currently in Australia on holiday. ( I’m too old to live and work here apparently )
Old Jan 4th 2018, 1:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
The form is easy to fill out, the evidence they want is exacting and will cover your entire life as a nurse so id get all that together first (they have a checklist on the forms) i work for Waikato DHB in hamilton and i relly love it here but you can ask everyone and each will come up with a different opinion, i hear the south island is very nice, it all depends on what environment you want to live in...but yes Auckland os very expensive
We would like to live near a beach , as that’s what we both enjoy. I have contacted accent healthcare and will see what they reply with. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it . Liz
Old Jan 5th 2018, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

To be honest , just myself and husband are moving. our adult children are staying in the uk. So we both want a quiet life near to a beach as possible. We love the beach and could sit on it for hours so that’s something we are looking forward to. I have contacted Accent and they are due to reopen on jan 8th . I can not access the registration forms at all I can’t view the checklist either. How long have you been in New Zealand.we are currently in Australia on holiday, visiting my husbands family.

Yep pretty much everything closed down for the Christmas period, ive lived here 3 months now
Old Jan 5th 2018, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Yep pretty much everything closed down for the Christmas period, ive lived here 3 months now
Prudence has been in touch, I have sent the forms back to her , just want to get the ball rolling. Did you settle in straight away ? How has your theee months been ? Did you move with family ? What branch of healthcare do you work in ?
Liz
Old Jan 5th 2018, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Prudence has been in touch, I have sent the forms back to her , just want to get the ball rolling. Did you settle in straight away ? How has your theee months been ? Did you move with family ? What branch of healthcare do you work in ?
Liz
Yes i can say we settled easily, my kids hsve adapted really well, finally getting all our stuff off the boat next week so its like a second Christmas, im currently an ED nurse
Old Jan 5th 2018, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

Yes i can say we settled easily, my kids hsve adapted really well, finally getting all our stuff off the boat next week so its like a second Christmas, im currently an ED nurse

Ah that’s half the battle if they have settled easily. How much did it cost to ship ur stuff over ? Can you buy straight away or rent ? Sorry for all the questions ! One last thing do you know anything about bringing a pet over we have a little dog who’s 7 .
Liz
Old Jan 6th 2018, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah that’s half the battle if they have settled easily. How much did it cost to ship ur stuff over ? Can you buy straight away or rent ? Sorry for all the questions ! One last thing do you know anything about bringing a pet over we have a little dog who’s 7 .
Liz

Cost us around 2k for 1/3 of a container but shop around for prices cheaper isnt always best, there are lots of threads on here about companies, we rent, wanted to see what area we will like to put roots down in before committing, pets i have bo knowledge of im afraid
Old Jan 6th 2018, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Anniebig is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Re query on shipping. I have just had a quote for £6000 for a 40ft container, that doesn't include insurance and expecting more fees on top from the port for extras like cleaning car, inspections ect. £3400 to ship two Bichons. Price for the dogs is based on size mine weigh 6 kg each. That was with pet air and going with the gold service which includes vet fees and tests. Does not include rabies jab that has to be done at least six months before travel. Nor does it include the quarantine of ten days when they land. Eeek! All adds up.
Old Jan 6th 2018, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Anniebig
Hi, Re query on shipping. I have just had a quote for £6000 for a 40ft container, that doesn't include insurance and expecting more fees on top from the port for extras like cleaning car, inspections ect. £3400 to ship two Bichons. Price for the dogs is based on size mine weigh 6 kg each. That was with pet air and going with the gold service which includes vet fees and tests. Does not include rabies jab that has to be done at least six months before travel. Nor does it include the quarantine of ten days when they land. Eeek! All adds up.
Thanks for the reply we have a shih tzu and she’s a chunk
So prob will get her on a diet lol. In regards of taking the car do you have to re register it when ur in NZ. are you in new Zealand yet. ? Where abouts are you ? Also can you take ur pets with you if ur renting ? Liz
Old Jan 7th 2018, 1:23 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

renting with dogs can be very difficult, even renting without them is hard as the rental market is over subscribed for the available properties.

Where are you going? check out lock listings on properties to see the likely hood of finding one that will allow you a pet.

As for the car you will have to have it inspected to make sure it passes NZ standards. Contact NZ AA and discuss with them if they think it would pass and the costs involved. also you will not be able to see the car for a number of years without having to pay tax on it, whatever its age. Its not that much and it lessen over the years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.