Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Miserable/Unhappy in NZ

Miserable/Unhappy in NZ

Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:46 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Really unhappy in New Zealand

I thought I'd start this as a counterweight to the 'Really happy in New Zealand' thread because it's important to have balance in life.

Back on topic, I'm not 'really unhappy' here but I'm leaving New Zealand next January and I'd be telling a lie if I said I'll miss it. It was ok....very damp and a bit in-bred, but there were some nice animals and things. A bigger and slightly crappier version of Scotland, truth be told. And far, far better than the cities of the North of England, which is the hidden message in so many posts on this forum.

ANYWAY, this is a thread for people who are unhappy in New Zealand. The 'happy' people have their thread and now the 'unhappy' people have one for themselves*. East is East and West is West and......breast is best??

Last edited by Am Loolah; Nov 12th 2008 at 7:04 pm. Reason: This thread is being restarted for those UNHAPPY in NZ.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:54 pm
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice
Default Miserable/Unhappy in NZ

Totally and utterly brassed off with the place.

Even when the sun's shining no-one bloody smiles. It's so soul destroying. Miserable bloody twats (kiwis that is)

God, I wish they could just lighten up and have a laugh instead of being sinister and dodgy.

I welcome the wave of immigration into this place but even the asians, africans and indians turn in to miserable people once they get a feel for their surroundings and realise what a weird and unfriendly place this is...

Last edited by Am Loolah; Nov 13th 2008 at 12:32 am. Reason: Offensive slurs
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:01 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Miserable in NZ

Originally Posted by pascalr

Even when the sun's shining no-one bloody smiles. It's so soul destroying. Miserable bloody twats (kiwis that is)

God, I wish they could just lighten up and have a laugh instead of being sinister and dodgy.

I welcome the wave of immigration into this place but even the asians, africans and indians turn in to miserable people once they get a feel for their surroundings and realise what a weird and unfriendly place this is...
No wonder no one smiles at you, you miserable old git!!!! go back home then and do us all a favour...

cant even be bothered to reply to your thread you talk utter rubbish... and just here to stir up trouble..

Last edited by Am Loolah; Nov 13th 2008 at 12:33 am. Reason: Remove offensive quote
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:03 pm
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

Hey, thanks for the reply...Have a nice day now
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:06 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply...Have a nice day now
Your welcome anytime
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
cant even be bothered to reply to your thread you talk utter rubbish... and just here to stir up trouble..
This made me chuckle... sorry
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:13 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
I've merged these 2 threads as they are basically the same topic - hope that's ok?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:13 pm

I meant cant be bothered to reply to the things He says about kiwis and such like duhhhh!!!!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Perchance its just where you live?. I have been here over 3 years and they ain't got to me yet. Sorry to hear its so crap for you..serious question..I have asked before (got no answer)......why do you stay? Are you part of a family that one bit hates NZ the other loves it? I have to say if my partner was as pissed off as you I would be outta here. Life is waaaaaaaaaaaay too short for being soooooooooo pissed off. Are you planning to go soon??

Last edited by Am Loolah; Nov 13th 2008 at 12:33 am. Reason: Remove offensive quote
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Miserable/Unhappy in NZ

Well you appear to be a nice & friendly person I must say. Just out of interest why are you in NZ?

Last edited by Am Loolah; Nov 13th 2008 at 12:34 am. Reason: Remove offensive quote
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Margaret Parkinson;6967172]Well you appear to be a nice & friendly person I must say.

Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Well you appear to be a nice & friendly person I must say. Just out of interest why are you in NZ?
Nice one.....
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

It's more common than people think to dislike NZ. I've met a few people (both on here and in 'real life' ) that are getting out of here asap. I even know of a South African who is planning on going back to SA to just 'get away' from NZ.

The thing with this place though (BE I mean) is the amount of people who are willing to shoot those down who don't love it here, I mean why on earth would it affect you if someone else decides not to like it? Like the great Forrest Gump says 'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get'... some people love it, some people hate it, some just stay quiet for fear of being personally attacked/insulted by those who spend their time trolling around the boards looking for a fight.

Grow up people! If life is so rosy/not so rosy go and deal with it I'm sure your lives would be much better enriched if you didn't sit on forums slagging off those who oppose your own personal views.

Although, it is fun to watch while eating my popcorn
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:29 pm

It's more common than people think to dislike NZ. I've met a few people (both on here and in 'real life' ) that are getting out of here asap. I even know of a South African who is planning on going back to SA to just 'get away' from NZ.

The thing with this place though (BE I mean) is the amount of people who are willing to shoot those down who don't love it here, I mean why on earth would it affect you if someone else decides not to like it? Like the great Forrest Gump says 'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get'... some people love it, some people hate it, some just stay quiet for fear of being personally attacked/insulted by those who spend their time trolling around the boards looking for a fight.

Grow up people! If life is so rosy/not so rosy go and deal with it I'm sure your lives would be much better enriched if you didn't sit on forums slagging off those who oppose your own personal views.

Although, it is fun to watch while eating my popcorn
The same can be said for getting shot down for liking it here .....but Im the type of person who gets on with things and fits in....

Last edited by love30stm; Nov 12th 2008 at 10:32 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 10:30 pm
Banned

Well I am a nice & friendly person. I must be I hate it here!

Fact: NZ gives the least amount of donations to charity in the world.

I ran the the London Marathon in 2007 and to get any donations out of kiwi was like getting blood from a stone.....

Really made me quite sad to see first hand how awful these arseholes are...

Last edited by Am Loolah; Nov 12th 2008 at 10:36 pm. Reason: Have removed the deliberatlely inflammatory bit ... behave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.