Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mindless thievery in deepest rural Scotland!

Mindless thievery in deepest rural Scotland!

Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:17 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Mindless thievery in deepest rural Scotland!

:curse:Bloody bloody hell! Some git has just nicked a big plant out of the front border!!!!! I took DD2 to Scouts and when I got back it just wasn't there. And just after I'd bought new pruning shears to cut it back (still haven't found the old ones!). How mindlessly stupid! Last summer another of these lovely individuals cut the strings to my wind chime I had hung outside my door. Little s@*ts. Such an odd thing to take . . . obviously it is now languishing in a bush down the road somewhere. Now I have to buy another plant or two to fill the gap and the hole that has been left. Simmer:curse:simmer:curse:
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:02 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mindless thievery in deepest rural Scotland!

Originally Posted by spid
:curse:Bloody bloody hell! Some git has just nicked a big plant out of the front border!!!!! I took DD2 to Scouts and when I got back it just wasn't there. And just after I'd bought new pruning shears to cut it back (still haven't found the old ones!). How mindlessly stupid! Last summer another of these lovely individuals cut the strings to my wind chime I had hung outside my door. Little s@*ts. Such an odd thing to take . . . obviously it is now languishing in a bush down the road somewhere. Now I have to buy another plant or two to fill the gap and the hole that has been left. Simmer:curse:simmer:curse:
Oh I know exactly how you feel :curse: some gits took the tops off my daffodils last year and I was so angry! WHY? It's not as bad as taking a whole plant but still...... I was really loving seeing them first thing in the morning.......
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Spudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really niceSpudgun is just really nice
Smile Re: Mindless thievery in deepest rural Scotland!

Failte de Alba.Poche ma hone,
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:24 am
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spudgun
YA wot?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:24 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:26 am
By name and by nature

YA wot?
You don't speak the Gaelic then?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:30 am
The Wicked One

Originally Posted by Batty
You don't speak the Gaelic then?
NO unfortunately not - and I googled it and tried a translator but it didin't work!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:36 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Roughly translated I think it says "have some poached Abalone at my house"
Old Mar 8th 2008, 10:41 am
The Wicked One

Originally Posted by Nerine
Ah, thank you for that.

Thanks for the offer - i'm allergic to shell fish though - a beer will do!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nerine

My mum is irish, and after 36 years on the planet, the only Gaelic i know is kiss my a@#e!!!! How awful is that.!!!

Is poached Abalone a pasta dish???
Old Mar 8th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

:curse: The thieving swines.

Spid I feel your anger. Some toerags nicked my beautiful hanging basket last year. It is So annoying.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 12:13 pm
The Wicked One

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou

My mum is irish, and after 36 years on the planet, the only Gaelic i know is kiss my a@#e!!!! How awful is that.!!!

Is poached Abalone a pasta dish???
I Wiki'd Abalone and it said it was a type of shell fish. It could be wrong.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

I Wiki'd Abalone and it said it was a type of shell fish. It could be wrong.
Spid, it's the same as Paua honey, just the american name for it.Sorry to hear about the plant, have you looked around the locality, they might just have dumped it somewhere hun.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

CharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really niceCharlesMacLeod is just really nice

For those who don't know it sort of says "Welcome to Scotland, kiss my a&*(" in a strange phonetic mixture of Scots and Irish Gaelic

Ah well, the least I can say is that as someone who can handle the strange spellings of Scots Gaelic, Te Reo Maori holds no fears!!!!

Is minig a thainig comhairle ghlic a ceann amadain. as my Great Aunt once said......
Old Mar 8th 2008, 12:59 pm
The Wicked One

Originally Posted by CharlesMacLeod
For those who don't know it sort of says "Welcome to Scotland, kiss my a&*(" in a strange phonetic mixture of Scots and Irish Gaelic

Ah well, the least I can say is that as someone who can handle the strange spellings of Scots Gaelic, Te Reo Maori holds no fears!!!!

Is minig a thainig comhairle ghlic a ceann amadain. as my Great Aunt once said......
Ahhhhh, now i get it!