British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Mindless thievery in deepest rural Scotland! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/mindless-thievery-deepest-rural-scotland-519925/)

spid Mar 7th 2008 8:17 pm

Mindless thievery in deepest rural Scotland!

:curse:Bloody bloody hell! Some git has just nicked a big plant out of the front border!!!!! I took DD2 to Scouts and when I got back it just wasn't there. And just after I'd bought new pruning shears to cut it back (still haven't found the old ones!). How mindlessly stupid! Last summer another of these lovely individuals cut the strings to my wind chime I had hung outside my door. Little s@*ts. Such an odd thing to take . . . obviously it is now languishing in a bush down the road somewhere. Now I have to buy another plant or two to fill the gap and the hole that has been left. Simmer:curse:simmer:curse:

Batty Mar 8th 2008 10:02 am

Re: Mindless thievery in deepest rural Scotland!

Originally Posted by spid (Post 6032073)
:curse:Bloody bloody hell! Some git has just nicked a big plant out of the front border!!!!! I took DD2 to Scouts and when I got back it just wasn't there. And just after I'd bought new pruning shears to cut it back (still haven't found the old ones!). How mindlessly stupid! Last summer another of these lovely individuals cut the strings to my wind chime I had hung outside my door. Little s@*ts. Such an odd thing to take . . . obviously it is now languishing in a bush down the road somewhere. Now I have to buy another plant or two to fill the gap and the hole that has been left. Simmer:curse:simmer:curse:

Oh I know exactly how you feel :curse: some gits took the tops off my daffodils last year and I was so angry! WHY? It's not as bad as taking a whole plant but still...... I was really loving seeing them first thing in the morning.......

Spudgun Mar 8th 2008 10:12 am

Failte de Alba.Poche ma hone,

spid Mar 8th 2008 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Spudgun (Post 6033776)

YA wot?

Batty Mar 8th 2008 10:24 am

:lol:

Batty Mar 8th 2008 10:26 am

Originally Posted by spid (Post 6033800)
YA wot?

You don't speak the Gaelic then? :D

spid Mar 8th 2008 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Batty (Post 6033805)
You don't speak the Gaelic then? :D

NO unfortunately not - and I googled it and tried a translator but it didin't work!

Nerine Mar 8th 2008 10:36 am

Roughly translated I think it says "have some poached Abalone at my house"

spid Mar 8th 2008 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Nerine (Post 6033836)

Ah, thank you for that.

Thanks for the offer - i'm allergic to shell fish though - a beer will do!

pumpkinlou Mar 8th 2008 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Nerine (Post 6033836)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My mum is irish, and after 36 years on the planet, the only Gaelic i know is kiss my a@#e!!!! How awful is that.!!!

Is poached Abalone a pasta dish???:lol:

pumpkinlou Mar 8th 2008 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by spid (Post 6032073)

:curse: The thieving swines.

Spid I feel your anger. Some toerags nicked my beautiful hanging basket last year. It is So annoying.

spid Mar 8th 2008 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou (Post 6034140)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My mum is irish, and after 36 years on the planet, the only Gaelic i know is kiss my a@#e!!!! How awful is that.!!!

Is poached Abalone a pasta dish???:lol:

I Wiki'd Abalone and it said it was a type of shell fish. It could be wrong.

j19fmm Mar 8th 2008 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by spid (Post 6034151)
I Wiki'd Abalone and it said it was a type of shell fish. It could be wrong.

Spid, it's the same as Paua honey, just the american name for it.Sorry to hear about the plant, have you looked around the locality, they might just have dumped it somewhere hun.

CharlesMacLeod Mar 8th 2008 12:34 pm

For those who don't know it sort of says "Welcome to Scotland, kiss my a&*(" in a strange phonetic mixture of Scots and Irish Gaelic:rofl:

Ah well, the least I can say is that as someone who can handle the strange spellings of Scots Gaelic, Te Reo Maori holds no fears!!!!

Is minig a thainig comhairle ghlic a ceann amadain. as my Great Aunt once said......

spid Mar 8th 2008 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by CharlesMacLeod (Post 6034214)
For those who don't know it sort of says "Welcome to Scotland, kiss my a&*(" in a strange phonetic mixture of Scots and Irish Gaelic:rofl:

Ah well, the least I can say is that as someone who can handle the strange spellings of Scots Gaelic, Te Reo Maori holds no fears!!!!

Is minig a thainig comhairle ghlic a ceann amadain. as my Great Aunt once said......

Ahhhhh, now i get it!