Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Milford (or surrounding areas!) meet up??

Milford (or surrounding areas!) meet up??

Old Feb 10th 2012, 6:44 am
Just Joined

MR5B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Milford (or surrounding areas!) meet up??

Hi everyone
We (my husband, 19mo son and I) made the move here about 6 weeks ago now. We're renting in Milford at the moment and on the whole loving it here.

We made the move a bit blind having never been to NZ before and without knowing anyone here.

Now we've settled into our home and work we thought it would be good to meet up with other people maybe in a similar situation or just people of a like mind who like a beer or two maybe?

Would be great to meet up locally if anyone fancies it?

If you'd like to know a bit more about it, drop us a PM.

Cheers
Helen, Chris and Sam
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of
Default Re: Milford (or surrounding areas!) meet up??

HI guys, welcome to New Zealand, weve been here just over 18 months and love it unfortunately i cant do much on the meet up front at the mo as im kinda manic over the next few weeks, but i work at the hospital so am happy to meet for a coffee during the days if your near enough?

Jacki
Old Feb 15th 2012, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by killercat
HI guys, welcome to New Zealand, weve been here just over 18 months and love it unfortunately i cant do much on the meet up front at the mo as im kinda manic over the next few weeks, but i work at the hospital so am happy to meet for a coffee during the days if your near enough?

Jacki
Hi there
Thanks for getting in touch - sounds like you're a busy bee! We're really close to the hospital actually but both work full time so day times (mid week anyway) aren't possible.
Helen
Old Feb 21st 2012, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

weedosonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Milford (or surrounding areas!) meet up??

Hi there,

I am Leeds born and bred!
my hubby is a Kiwi and after 12 years 'up north' it was time to make the move!
We arrived Jan 1st with our 8 yr old we'd love to meet new people, we're over in Grey Lynn, a cuppa or a beer or two sounds great

Lynne.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Hey good to hear from fellow Leeds folk!
Hope you're settling in ok? Would be great to meet for a drink or two. Our furniture arrives this weekend woohooo! so we will be good to go for getting a babysitter in on an evening from then. Maybe a meet up in town would be good given our locations? PM me if you want to arrange something
H
Old Feb 29th 2012, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

weedosonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Milford (or surrounding areas!) meet up??

hi Helen, a meet up would be fab, our boxes don't arrive until 12th April Can we PM or facebook to exchange details? a fellow norther accent! Bliss haha
Old Mar 6th 2012, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Helen,

Leeds fans by any chance?

We live in milford near the hospital - no kids, just the two of us - late twenties.

Hope you're enjoying the furniture!

David.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by davros1984
Hey Helen,

Leeds fans by any chance?

We live in milford near the hospital - no kids, just the two of us - late twenties.

Hope you're enjoying the furniture!

David.
Hey David
One of us is and one of us isn't - let's put it that way!! We are also up near the Hospital ?? Are we neighbours?
Helen
Old Mar 7th 2012, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MR5B
Hey David
One of us is and one of us isn't - let's put it that way!! We are also up near the Hospital ?? Are we neighbours?
Helen
Well one is better than none! Although I'm sure we can turn the other... I guess you could say its the same for Laura and myself....

We're on Nile Road, how about you guys? Liking the area? I'm taking it you're far from settled....

David.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 6:24 am
Just Joined

Sorry the lady is not for turning......being a filthy red from across the pennines

Sounds like you're at the bottom of our road, we're just off Shakespeare

Just about getting settled now I think, funny it feels like we've been here ages, but then not...

Well one is better than none! Although I'm sure we can turn the other... I guess you could say its the same for Laura and myself....

We're on Nile Road, how about you guys? Liking the area? I'm taking it you're far from settled....

David.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry the lady is not for turning......being a filthy red from across the pennines

Sounds like you're at the bottom of our road, we're just off Shakespeare

Just about getting settled now I think, funny it feels like we've been here ages, but then not...
I guess we all have our flaws...! Only joking Yes, we're the road behind Shakespeare... you'll notice lots of doctors live around here for obvious reason. Quite a few English people too.

So drinks sound good! Laura's parents are here for 3 weeks as of next week (our first proper guests) so this weekend might be an option (she's on nights so will have to talk to her tomorrow) or lets do something post-visit!

David.
Old Mar 8th 2012, 8:30 am
Just Joined

I guess we all have our flaws...! Only joking Yes, we're the road behind Shakespeare... you'll notice lots of doctors live around here for obvious reason. Quite a few English people too.

So drinks sound good! Laura's parents are here for 3 weeks as of next week (our first proper guests) so this weekend might be an option (she's on nights so will have to talk to her tomorrow) or lets do something post-visit!

David.
Ha sounds like you and Chris have similar views !!
Beer sounds good, how about we get something in the diary for when the folks have gone - we have bits on this weekend unfortunately.
Send us a PM with suitable dates and we can get something pencilled in??
Old Mar 11th 2012, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Ha sounds like you and Chris have similar views !!
Beer sounds good, how about we get something in the diary for when the folks have gone - we have bits on this weekend unfortunately.
Send us a PM with suitable dates and we can get something pencilled in??
Sounds good - I'll be in touch in a few weeks. Hope you both had a good weekend. Take care.

David.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Sounds good - I'll be in touch in a few weeks. Hope you both had a good weekend. Take care.

David.
Fab - enjoy the in laws visit!
Speak soon
Old May 1st 2012, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey - sent you a pm. Managed to survive the visit. Hope you guys are doing well and are still....here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.