Milford Sound

Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice
Cool Milford Sound

Hi,

I am living here and my parents are coming to visit and wanting to take them on the Milford Sound and wonder if anyone can recommend a good company for a boat cruise and a good location to go from/see

Thanks in advance,

Scottish N
Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Milford Sound

I went from Queenstown on the BBQ Bus, it was excellent. I think it was a winter special at about $130 which included pick up from your hotel, stop off on the way for coffee, then a stop in the national park where they did a great BBQ, then the boat trip including a packed lunch. It was a small bus, held about 40 I think, and the driver gave a great commentary.

Here you go
http://www.milford.net.nz/home.html

It was raining the day we went but it was still a magical place.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Milford Sound

Originally Posted by scottishnomad
Hi,

I am living here and my parents are coming to visit and wanting to take them on the Milford Sound and wonder if anyone can recommend a good company for a boat cruise and a good location to go from/see

Thanks in advance,

Scottish N
Real Journeys, do the overnight cruise, its amazing, you sleep onboard and get to go out on the kayaks in the evening and stuff, just get them to make sure there is no contiki bus party staying that night!! I went from Te Anau (which is a lovely spot in itself!), its nearer than Queenstown so takes a few hours off the bus journey, but the bus has a glass roof so you can see more of the scenery on the way to Milford...