Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Migrating with Infants?

Migrating with Infants?

Old Aug 10th 2017, 8:55 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migrating with Infants?

Originally Posted by Scottishedo
Two of my kids are under 18 months and therefore are still in car seats, I'm wondering about taking their car seats out with us.
Check they still have the correct standards stickers to comply:

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/safety/vehi...n-new-zealand/

There are acceptable EU, US and AU standards but each seat must have one of them...
Old Aug 11th 2017, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scottishedo
Thanks so much for your help!!

What's the second hand market like over there considering may buying a second hand travel cot just for those first few weeks....
Trade Me is a good place to buy second hand travel cots (or second hand anything). Quite a lot are sold on there that have had very little use as they have just occasionally been used at a grandparents house or on holiday etc.

There's 178 for sale on Trade Me at the moment (that's all over the country though)
https://touch.trademe.co.nz/search/s...t+category=351
Old Aug 11th 2017, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute

Another option is to join a local Facebook buy/sell group when you know which area you are going to and see if there are any travel cots for sale on there.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute

I think hiring the Cots is the best option after a 25+ hour journey the last thing we will want to do is hunt them down. I have found a company in nz that will meet us at Auckland airport with them! Perfect!

We will be hiring a car when we land to do us until my husband gets his work car and we buy me one, so will check out hiring car seats along with that until we buy new ones.

Thanks everyone