Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Migrants with qualifications going to godzone

Migrants with qualifications going to godzone

Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:37 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Migrants with qualifications going to godzone

Well to continue in the controversial mode we are in. Here is a bit of news that might be a suprise to some and will come as a grim reminder to others.....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10502032

Highly skilled immigrants struggle to find jobs in New Zealand because they come up against a wall of discrimination from both potential employers and recruitment consultants, a Massey University study has found
It doesn't happen in every field but there does seem to be a resistance to qualified people and their practices in some areas of professional life, here in NZ. I'd say a lot of resistance is also from other employees and practitioners not just "employers".
Suppose it is doubly worse if you are "Asian" ........

Must say that this did not shock me and I'd add that some of the attitudes appear to apply to trades as well as "professional" occupations.

Small sample size but interesting and rather dis-heartening as we as a nation are trying to plug the brain drain.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:41 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migrants with qualifications going to godzone

Originally Posted by lardyl View Post
Here is a bit of news that might be a suprise to some
Well it certainly stunned me...and the news came at a particularly bad time as I had only recently discovered that the Pope was a Catholic.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:49 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migrants with qualifications going to godzone

Originally Posted by Avid View Post
Well it certainly stunned me...and the news came at a particularly bad time as I had only recently discovered that the Pope was a Catholic.
... is she?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:04 am
HBN
Just Joined

HBN is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Migrants with qualifications going to godzone

Originally Posted by lardyl View Post
... is she?
You did not know that?

See here: http://zichi.blogspot.com/2007/10/po...s-are-out.html