Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Might wait a bit longer.......

Might wait a bit longer.......

Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Might wait a bit longer.......

We've a plan to buy some land here and build our own place but i think we may hang on a while yet.................

Will NZ follow the US?

Maybe not good news ahead if your selling or saddled with a huge mortgage as many kiwis seem to be but heres hoping for a housing price crash.....as a future buyer.........

Last edited by teambwr47; Nov 28th 2007 at 2:23 am.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Might wait a bit longer.......

Originally Posted by niseysOH
We've a plan to buy some land here and build our own place but i think we may hang on a while yet.................

Will NZ follow the US?

Maybe not good news ahead if your selling or saddled with a huge mortgage as many kiwis seem to be but heres hoping for a housing price crash.....as a future buyer.........
Wouldn't you normally cut interest rates in an attempt to alleviate this?
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:55 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't expect a cut just yet! http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/425823/1465542
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

The two markets are not directly comparable. Don't expect this to happen here.

Please keep in mind that as part of the "news" there is a certain amount "news" that is non news. I classify this story in the paper as just a story. It is not really news at all but is just filler.

I am reminded of a statement Heln Caldacott (pardon teh spelling) in her movie If You Love This Planet. She states that if you explode a nuclear bomb in outerspace (she gives the size and perhaps defines the space, but I think it was just the size) then the area affected would be as big as a large portion of the USA. This sounds really scarey until you realize that the last time you visited the USA you were not in outerspace. In other words "observation" or whatever you would call it is not really applicable.

I am not just saying this because I have recently started building a house. I can tell you though that my opinion as a person from North America, don't apply the US housing problem to NZ. It is a real apples to oranges comparision.