Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

It Might Be A Stupid Question But.....

It Might Be A Stupid Question But.....

Old May 9th 2007, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice
Default It Might Be A Stupid Question But.....

hi

i have been reading all the threads and reading about all your experiences, i have seen the ones on shopping etc, but no one has mentioned anything about beauty products, currently i use a lot of Ren products as they are sulfate free and do not irritate, can anyone tell me if you can get these type of products in New Zealand and also shampoo and conditioners i use john freida brunette here can you get that sort of thing over there??

thanks in advance

kirstie
Old May 9th 2007, 3:08 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It Might Be A Stupid Question But.....

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE
hi

i have been reading all the threads and reading about all your experiences, i have seen the ones on shopping etc, but no one has mentioned anything about beauty products, currently i use a lot of Ren products as they are sulfate free and do not irritate, can anyone tell me if you can get these type of products in New Zealand and also shampoo and conditioners i use john freida brunette here can you get that sort of thing over there??

thanks in advance

kirstie
as last resort you can buy online and get them to ship it to you...here's the link

http://www.renskincare.com/default.a...FT4GQgodRU1yzg

and here's one for the john freida stuff

http://www.lifepharmacy.co.nz/defaul...ps/BrandID/198

Last edited by Mandie; May 9th 2007 at 3:10 pm.
Old May 9th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi mandy

thanks a lot

i think that if our application all goes through ok i might just bring a bumper load with me but i will save the links

with regards

kirstie
Old May 9th 2007, 4:56 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

if its hand made, natural stuff you want, there is a LUSH in welly (bound to be elsewhere too)
Old May 10th 2007, 4:32 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

My local Numark pharmacy had Boots Botanics products on the shelf the other day!!! Do you think I can get points on my Boots Advantage card???
Old May 10th 2007, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Sod the make-up lol
My 2 English bosses fresh over from ASDA (did I just mention Asda again?) and the other from Sainsbury's tell me that Pak n Save at Sylvia park have just introduced 160 Uk product lines...and not at mortgage prices either!
Oh this is heaven if true!
Anyone been? Anyone tell me if they have Walkers crisps and Vimto?
Old May 10th 2007, 8:45 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Admittedly I haven't been in NZ for a year now ( ) but I found the beauty products seriously lacking. I was so depressed every time I went to an ordinary supermarket/chemist and saw the 'range'. I also used John Frieda at the time and couldn't find it for love nor money. I asked everywhere I went and got the usual "OOh you're posh, aren't you?" look, followed by "We've got Pantene". Nothing wrong with Pantene, actually, but it was so frustrating having to make do all the time. There was also hardly any bubble bath (on account of kiwis being shower devotees). Clearly this is not the most inportant thing in the world and I'm not suggesting people should go to NZ with ideas of buying all their usual Brit products (or products that can be bought in Britain) but all the beauty products there were just so...basic. There didn't seem to be any slightly higher-up-the-range lines.
Old May 10th 2007, 10:00 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE
hi

Haven't seen REN, sadly, but you can get their stuff on the internet. There is a NZ company called 'Living Nature' that has a similar ethos to REN and costs about as much, but I have to say I think REN is better.

Yes I am male, and yes, I'm talking about skincare. Just how gay is that??
Old May 10th 2007, 10:02 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
but all the beauty products there were just so...basic.
You don't need beauty products, my love, the air's so fresh and the sea breeze is a natural exfoliate etc etc.....
Old May 10th 2007, 10:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Avid
You don't need beauty products, my love, the air's so fresh and the sea breeze is a natural exfoliate etc etc.....
You could have just stopped at "You don't need beauty products, my love" !!!
Old May 10th 2007, 10:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Avid
Haven't seen REN, sadly, but you can get their stuff on the internet. There is a NZ company called 'Living Nature' that has a similar ethos to REN and costs about as much, but I have to say I think REN is better.

Yes I am male, and yes, I'm talking about skincare. Just how gay is that??
What's your favourite product, Avid?
Old May 10th 2007, 10:05 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

for the first time ever I am using a hand cream with a SPF of 15!!! Only been here a month and the change in my skin generally (for the better) is noticeable already but I'm very conscious of the fact i could look like a 40 year old raisin if I'm not careful!!!
Old May 10th 2007, 10:06 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mazi
What's your favourite product, Avid?
"Cream of sum yung i" i hear
Old May 10th 2007, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by dreamfish
"Cream of sum yung i" i hear

OOOHHHH!!!! You're a bold one, aren't you!
Old May 10th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamfish
if its hand made, natural stuff you want, there is a LUSH in welly (bound to be elsewhere too)
Youre lucky.... we need a Lush in Botany. Just as we left UK they decided to open a Lush in our hometown... typical... I went and stocked up before leaving but its kinda running out now. OH has been to the Lush shop up in Queen Street but Ive no idea where it is. Mind you, if there was a Lush in Botany Id be up there every week!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.