Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Might buy an old, old home.

Might buy an old, old home.

Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Might buy an old, old home.

http://www.realestate.co.nz/1960648

Been away for the weekend at the beach. Started thinking about what I really miss about my life in NZ and it was doing the lifestyle thing. Whilst we live in a nice ward it is all very suburban. May come to nothing but am going to look at this tomorrow. Have all me finance agreed in principle and will raise a mortgage on our Palmy home and change some of our UK wedge for the deposit on the new, well very old actually home.

Will rent this place and forget it for 2 years on a fixed mortgage.

New place is just out of Ashhurst.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:29 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Might buy an old, old home.

I was going to say that you can't buy an 'old, old' home in NZ, coz European settlers haven't been here long enough for any home to get 'old, old'.

But I won't!

Instead, I will say "Make sure you get a full survey done". It's worth the extra, coz you have someone to blame/sue if it falls down a week later! Do they have termites in NZ...?

<But then, this is Genesis... I may need to keep my trap shut so he doesn't worry himself to death...>
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:35 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

does the tractor come with it?
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Good Luck, you deserve it after all you've gone through
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesnye
Good Luck, you deserve it after all you've gone through
Thank you all for your kind words, nothing really to worry about apart from flooding, borer, dry rot (wet rot when it is flooded) and those burglars who target old, insecure homes in the middle of nowhere!!!!

PS Ashhurst makes Palmy look like Monaco.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 3:11 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
http://www.realestate.co.nz/1960648

Been away for the weekend at the beach. Started thinking about what I really miss about my life in NZ and it was doing the lifestyle thing. Whilst we live in a nice ward it is all very suburban. May come to nothing but am going to look at this tomorrow. Have all me finance agreed in principle and will raise a mortgage on our Palmy home and change some of our UK wedge for the deposit on the new, well very old actually home.

Will rent this place and forget it for 2 years on a fixed mortgage.

New place is just out of Ashhurst.
Very nice hope things work out for you
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 4:06 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Looks fantastic Genisis. The type of place we aspire to!
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

madao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Looks fantastic Genisis. The type of place we aspire to!
Agreed, I'm almost drooling.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Stunner, lucky you.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mark Smith
Stunner, lucky you.
http://www.realestate.co.nz/1924356

I much prefer this one as the section is way more pretty and not so flat. The house is a bit ugly and much smaller and alas they are pretty much the same price as this one is just out of town rather than the other one which is 4 light years away hence its cheap price relative to its size. Alas, alas Kate does not see the value in this 'ugly pile of shite'.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 7:16 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

I much prefer this one as the section is way more pretty and not so flat. The house is a bit ugly and much smaller and alas they are pretty much the same price as this one is just out of town rather than the other one which is 4 light years away hence its cheap price relative to its size. Alas, alas Kate does not see the value in this 'ugly pile of shite'.
Lucky you, wish we could afford to do that

Money dont always buy happiness but it helps
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

Love the first one

Good luck whichever you choose.

Would love a lifestyle property
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 8:19 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Lama farm that'll keep you busy

DO like the kitchen outlook in the second one but agree not as nice looking in general as the first
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Lama farm that'll keep you busy

DO like the kitchen outlook in the second one but agree not as nice looking in general as the first
At least you'd get to spend ages gazing out of the kitchen windows in the second whilst you're wiping down the weeping windows. They'll be a total barsteward for condensation.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 11:06 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Listen to your lady, it's a ugly house, try making a roast in that kitchen when the sun is streaming in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.