Reload this Page >

Midwives in Palmerston North

Midwives in Palmerston North

Old Apr 5th 2014, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

LozBeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Midwives in Palmerston North

Hi

Does anyone know of any midwives I could contact in Palmerston North?

I'll be 8-months when I land in August so wasn't sure if I should contact someone beforehand?

Thanks

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 13th 2014 at 9:11 pm. Reason: snip per OP request
Old Apr 5th 2014, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

nzneville is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Midwives in Palmerston North

Are you sure that you can travel at 8 months pregnancy? If you have not already checked, it is worth checking with the airline that you will use.

<snip>

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 13th 2014 at 9:11 pm. Reason: Nothing wrong but OP wishes to adjust info
Old Apr 5th 2014, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Yes I checked before I booked, Singapore Airlines will allow up to 36 weeks with a doctors letter, so I just need to hope I'm in good health

Ah ok, I'll ask my other half to make some enquiries, I'd just assumed I'd have to source independently as everyone else.

Thanks!
Old Apr 6th 2014, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a midwife but up in Auckland so not sure about Palmy.
But you can use the Find Your Midwife webpage to look up who works in that area and what their availability is for when your due. Most LMC midwives book up well in advance as we only take a set amount of women each month so to get a choice of who you want looking after you I'd look at contacting them sooner rather than later (definitely before you arrive if your going to be 8 months when you get here).
Old Apr 6th 2014, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LozBeth
It sounds different than here then, where we just got in touch with a local doctor's surgery or clinic and a midwife is allocated to us?
The whole maternity system here is very different to the UK. Not going to go into it here as I do tend to ramble when you get me onto midwifery but this gives you a bit of an idea how the system works here;
http://www.midwife.org.nz/women-in-n...r-lmc-services
Old Apr 6th 2014, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Neville, that would be greatly appreciated . It will certainly give me a head start!

Thanks for the link too Lisa, it is very different hey.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

nzneville is on a distinguished road

Hi LozBeth,

I am sending you a PM giving you the details of the contact.

If you have noot accessed PMs yet, you wil find the link at the top right corner of theispage. Click on the link and it should open with my message to you.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks v much :-)