Midwifery

Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

jobranscombe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Midwifery

Hi, if anybody can help me I would be most grateful. I am currently a first year midwifery student in the UK. My husband has been offered a once in a lifetime job opportunity in Auckland. We are at the moment trying to weigh up all the pros and cons, does anybody know if I complete my first year in midwifery in the UK would I be able to apply to start as a second year student in Auckland. Any help regarding the Midwifery programmes in Auckland would be useful, can you be sponsored to do the programme, I am quite happy to start the course again, but financially it would be a big strain.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Jo Branscombe
Old Mar 11th 2006, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Midwifery

Originally Posted by jobranscombe
Hi, if anybody can help me I would be most grateful. I am currently a first year midwifery student in the UK. My husband has been offered a once in a lifetime job opportunity in Auckland. We are at the moment trying to weigh up all the pros and cons, does anybody know if I complete my first year in midwifery in the UK would I be able to apply to start as a second year student in Auckland. Any help regarding the Midwifery programmes in Auckland would be useful, can you be sponsored to do the programme, I am quite happy to start the course again, but financially it would be a big strain.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Jo Branscombe
Hi Jo
Im an RN (not practicing at present).
Im sorry I dont know the answer to your question, but try this website for the midwifery councils requirements in NZ...www.midwiferycouncil.org.nz
if you email them at their contact address on the site they may be able to answer your questions or direct you to someone who can.
Shazza