British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   At midnight no EOI message at 7.30am it said .... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/midnight-no-eoi-message-7-30am-said-390836/)

helinuk Aug 16th 2006 6:39 am

At midnight no EOI message at 7.30am it said ....

We are selected :D
I can't believe it!
wish there was a 'smiley' for mad woman dancing on kitchen table :D :D

OK I've calmed down...it doesn't give us ITA yet....I've found the other message on the site that says they are doing checks on us first then they'll contact us.
SO how long does that take?
Helinuk

danny fearon Aug 16th 2006 6:51 am

Re: At midnight no EOI message at 7.30am it said ....

Originally Posted by helinuk
I can't believe it!

OK I've calmed down...it doesn't give us ITA yet....I've found the other message on the site that says they are doing checks on us first then they'll contact us.
Helinuk

Congraulations, well done, fantastic,
Donna

StevieB Aug 16th 2006 6:56 am

I can't believe it!

Helinuk

Nice one, congratulations :beer: . The checking thing is standard. It took about 2 weeks, maybe a little less, from our EOI being selected to getting our ITA. What's holding us up now is waiting for the police and medical reports, otherwise we're ready to submit it.

pinkninny Aug 16th 2006 7:23 am

I can't believe it!

Helinuk

Nice one if your like me i just can't stop smiling, other half on the train to london so sitting here smiling to myself, i'm so chuffed for you good luck and keep me posted. :) :)

DiffordA Aug 16th 2006 8:16 am

I can't believe it!

Helinuk

Congratulations, thats great news. My husband and I were hoping desperately for the same but not to be for us this time. Never mind our time will come. I am really pleased for you, it is great to see more and more people being selected, especially with reasonably low points like us. Good luck with the next stage. Hope it all goes well! :)

jeany Aug 16th 2006 8:43 am

Excellent news. Our EOI was selected 4 weeks ago but still waiting for ITA! I wish it would hurry up. Starting to panic now!

J

poppets Aug 16th 2006 8:49 am

I can't believe it!

Helinuk

congrats to you

SarahB Aug 16th 2006 9:14 am

Good news.... hope it all goes through for you..... and doesnt take too long either.

helinuk Aug 16th 2006 9:39 am

Originally Posted by DiffordA
Congratulations, thats great news. My husband and I were hoping desperately for the same but not to be for us this time. Never mind our time will come. I am really pleased for you, it is great to see more and more people being selected, especially with reasonably low points like us. Good luck with the next stage. Hope it all goes well! :)

Oh Amy- as I sat here at midnight with nothing coming through I thought we hadn't got it and went to bed thinking ok I've got 2 weeks till next pool dipping. I'm sorry you didn't get it this time round :(
I was keeping my fingers crossed for you- and will continue to keep them crossed for you! :)
Helen

helinuk Aug 16th 2006 9:43 am

Originally Posted by StevieB
Nice one, congratulations :beer: . The checking thing is standard. It took about 2 weeks, maybe a little less, from our EOI being selected to getting our ITA. What's holding us up now is waiting for the police and medical reports, otherwise we're ready to submit it.

Hi Stevie,
thanks - I warned Hubby to tell HR they'd be getting a call to check up on him! Looks like a 2-4 week wait now for ITA. Ok :cool: gives us time to exchange on house, go on holiday for a few days, finish packing up house and move into rented.
Helen

DiffordA Aug 16th 2006 9:48 am

Oh Amy- as I sat here at midnight with nothing coming through I thought we hadn't got it and went to bed thinking ok I've got 2 weeks till next pool dipping. I'm sorry you didn't get it this time round :(
I was keeping my fingers crossed for you- and will continue to keep them crossed for you! :)
Helen

Thanks very much, that is kind of you, I will be keeping mine crossed too. Like I say, just not our time thats all. It will happen when the time is right and until then I will keep ploughing out emails to companies regarding employment to try and boost our options. Hey, at least it gives me more time to organise my paperwork!! Never expected it all to be easy. I am really happy for you though and everyone else who got selected this time round. You must be so excited, I bet it just pops back into your head every now and then and just makes you want to giggle stupidly, I think that is what I would be like. Hope yout ITA comes through quickly and that things move along nicely for you now. :)

helinuk Aug 16th 2006 10:08 am

Originally Posted by DiffordA
Thanks very much, that is kind of you, I will be keeping mine crossed too. Like I say, just not our time thats all. It will happen when the time is right and until then I will keep ploughing out emails to companies regarding employment to try and boost our options. Hey, at least it gives me more time to organise my paperwork!! Never expected it all to be easy. I am really happy for you though and everyone else who got selected this time round. You must be so excited, I bet it just pops back into your head every now and then and just makes you want to giggle stupidly, I think that is what I would be like. Hope yout ITA comes through quickly and that things move along nicely for you now. :)

Hi Amy :) thank you.
I was on OZ forum for nearly 3 yrs when we were trying to find a way to go there so I know all about watching other people get their visa through - I lost count of the number of peeps I congratulated. It sure feels good to be 0ne step closer. Yes I woke both kids up, told them and was jumping around kitchen when hubby came down for breakfast- he's laid back Mr :cool: - he just smiled and gave me a hug, sometimes its almost like he's scared of getting excited because it might not happen.

Helen

Ash1 Aug 16th 2006 10:10 am

I can't believe it!

Helinuk

CONGRATULATIONS. :D
We were like that in January we did all paper work ourselves apply police checks full medicals, xray's etc, buisness plans etc. We sent our off last april/may and found out this january we had been accepted in on our buisness visa and thank god it was old system not the new one. The house is going through at the moment once that is done the money needs to be in a bank a/c in NZ send off our passports to our case office in welly, take about 10 days and will have visa's then NZ here we come can't wait.
Well done. Exciting time. :)
Take care and good luck Paula (Ash wife )

DiffordA Aug 16th 2006 10:12 am

Hi Amy :) thank you.
I was on OZ forum for nearly 3 yrs when we were trying to find a way to go there so I know all about watching other people get their visa through - I lost count of the number of peeps I congratulated. It sure feels good to be 0ne step closer. Yes I woke both kids up, told them and was jumping around kitchen when hubby came down for breakfast- he's laid back Mr :cool: - he just smiled and gave me a hug, sometimes its almost like he's scared of getting excited because it might not happen.

Helen

Aaahh, it is great to hear how excited you were, and I'm sure hubby will find his time to feel the same. Sometimes they like to keep a bit more grounded than us. I, however, will run around like a loon when we get the same good news! ENJOY!! :)

helinuk Aug 16th 2006 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Ash1
CONGRATULATIONS. :D
We were like that in January we did all paper work ourselves apply police checks full medicals, xray's etc, buisness plans etc. We sent our off last april/may and found out this january we had been accepted in on our buisness visa and thank god it was old system not the new one. The house is going through at the moment once that is done the money needs to be in a bank a/c in NZ send off our passports to our case office in welly, take about 10 days and will have visa's then NZ here we come can't wait.
Well done. Exciting time. :)
Take care and good luck Paula (Ash wife )

Paula I'll know who to contact if I come unstuck with the form filling! :)

Sounds like you are almost there. Where do you want to start a business and live?
Helen