Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Midland Spark finally had enough!

Midland Spark finally had enough!

Old Oct 12th 2008, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Carter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Midland Spark finally had enough!

Well it had to happen, I've finally and reluctantly admitted that there is no longer anything keeping us here and our best prospects as a family lie in NZ. The political situation here has descended beyond farce particularly over the last 2 months and is hell bent on resolution into some sort of quasi-totalitarian model that's been concocted in the bowels of that devil's kitchen we call the House of Commons.
Well that's it, no more of this nonesense will be tolerated in the Carter household and I am not going to hand the dilema to the laddo as his inheritance as most seem only to happy to do.

Have started the research, the totting up of expenses, the interminable catch 22 of trying to find references from employers from 20+ years ago??? Are they serious?
Right then Carter, you'd better get yer head down, your @rse up and crack on with it sunshine 'cause it won't happen by magic!

Already picked up lots of really useful snippets of information and hope to be able to reciprocate with my own contributions.

Great forum peeps,

much obliged

CARTER

Last edited by Carter; Oct 12th 2008 at 6:19 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 7:31 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Midland Spark finally had enough!

Originally Posted by Carter
Well it had to happen, I've finally and reluctantly admitted that there is no longer anything keeping us here and our best prospects as a family lie in NZ. The political situation here has descended beyond farce particularly over the last 2 months and is hell bent on resolution into some sort of quasi-totalitarian model that's been concocted in the bowels in that devil's kitchen we call the House of Commons.
Well that's it, no more of this nonesense will be tolerated in the Carter household and I am not going to hand the dilema to the laddo as his inheritance as most seem only to happy to do.

Have started the research, the totting up of expenses, the interminable catch 22 of trying to find references from employers from 20+ years ago??? Are they serious?
Right then Carter, you'd better get yer head down, your @rse up and crack on with it sunshine 'cause it won't happen by magic!

Already picked up lots of really useful snippets of information and hope to be able to reciprocate with my own contributions.

Great forum peeps,

much obliged

CARTER
Good luck man, any questions fire away.
Darren
Old Oct 12th 2008, 7:56 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora.
Welcome to the little NZ forum and Happy Posting.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 9:03 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carter
Well it had to happen, I've finally and reluctantly admitted that there is no longer anything keeping us here and our best prospects as a family lie in NZ. The political situation here has descended beyond farce particularly over the last 2 months and is hell bent on resolution into some sort of quasi-totalitarian model that's been concocted in the bowels of that devil's kitchen we call the House of Commons.

Great forum peeps,

much obliged

CARTER

Sounds like somebody has already given you a good dose of Kiwi CanDo Carter

Long may it last
Old Oct 12th 2008, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Carter is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah thanks for the welcome folks.

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Sounds like somebody has already given you a good dose of Kiwi CanDo Carter

Long may it last
It's in the blood K&S, actually you've raised a point I've filed away. I've heard a lot about this fabled "Kiwi Can-do attitude" and it was one of the elements that positively attracted me. So is it for real and how is it expressed in everyday terms?
I'm constntly dismayed by the current all pervading UK mentality of "oh it's somebody else's prob mate" or "...you'll have to get someone in to sort it out" and the now classic "...somebody really ought to do something about that" etc etc...