Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mid Winter Christmas Party, Wellington June 28th

Mid Winter Christmas Party, Wellington June 28th

Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of
Default Mid Winter Christmas Party, Wellington June 28th

Hi Guys

Where I work, Ohariu Farm, Johnsonville, has a large function room.
My boss has asked me to see if anyone is interested in a Mid Winter Christmas Party on Saturday 28th June.

There will be a carvery buffet available.

The costs are $80 a head, kids under 2 free, kids 2-upwards $40.

I thought if you were interested, we could book it and pay a small deposit each. We could decorate it with Christmas trees etc and make a fun day/evening of it.

we would need to organise a DJ or a band ourselves, so if nyone does that sort of thing for fun andwould be willing to provide the entertainment for the night, it would be great.

So what do you think? Are there any takers?

I think it would be a great idea for a big get together, but then again I don't want to be sat there on my own

Cheers

Catkin
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mid Winter Christmas Party, Wellington June 28th

Originally Posted by Catkin09
Hi Guys

Where I work, Ohariu Farm, Johnsonville, has a large function room.
My boss has asked me to see if anyone is interested in a Mid Winter Christmas Party on Saturday 28th June.

There will be a carvery buffet available.

The costs are $80 a head, kids under 2 free, kids 2-upwards $40.

I thought if you were interested, we could book it and pay a small deposit each. We could decorate it with Christmas trees etc and make a fun day/evening of it.

we would need to organise a DJ or a band ourselves, so if nyone does that sort of thing for fun andwould be willing to provide the entertainment for the night, it would be great.

So what do you think? Are there any takers?

I think it would be a great idea for a big get together, but then again I don't want to be sat there on my own

Cheers

Catkin
Does he require a minimum set of numbers for viability?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Does he require a minimum set of numbers for viability?
No, but obviously the more the merrier

Even if it's only 20 of us, it'll be good, but image the fun we could have with 100 We can also provide DVD's etc for the kids to watch if they get too bored

catkin
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:39 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch that's quite a lot of moolah. Does it include a glass of wine (or 2?). Christmas pud?

Hubby has a band... They do funk / soul. Let me know if you're interested in hearing a demo CD. I will need to check their availability too, as I know they already have a gig booked in June. Just can't remember when, d'oh!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi Maz

I know it's quite expensive and it doesn't include the wine unfortunatley
If I can get a deffinate from people I might be able to haggle a bit on the price, maybe down to $70 a head or for a bottle of wine each table, I don't know.
We can have the room for 8 hours, so it's not that bad really, and food is fab
It would be great for your hubby to do his thang, I'll boogie to anything
See what you can do.

Catkin
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi again

If you go to www.ohariufarm.co.nz and click on the menus section, then onto the Christmas buffet, you will see the sort of food they do and what you'll be getting for your money.

Hope this helps

Catkin
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

oolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Catkin09
Hi again

If you go to www.ohariufarm.co.nz and click on the menus section, then onto the Christmas buffet, you will see the sort of food they do and what you'll be getting for your money.

Hope this helps

Catkin
I think it is a great idea. Kids will love it
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

yeah we'de go for sure, 2 adults 2 kids, put us down. any excuse for a party!!! great idea.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:29 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stasia
yeah we'de go for sure, 2 adults 2 kids, put us down. any excuse for a party!!! great idea.
I'm thinking though - no party at YOUR house yet...............
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:42 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm, sounds a wonderful idea (had been thinking about doing something similar for the family) so would love to take up this opportunity. But at $240 for our little family, plus drinks, and a risk of the kiddies not actually eating their meals, its a bit pricey.

Will keep an eye on the thread to see if you get to haggle the price down some! So put us down for a tentative 4!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Would be $280 for us. Just haven't got that kind of dosh. We could wait outside and someone could chuck us a chicken leg!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

Originally Posted by karonious
I'm thinking though - no party at YOUR house yet...............
well still recovering from the dribblefish's do! but as soon as we've got more than 6 chairs and 4 plates will have you all round to see our 'lean to'
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Knightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really niceKnightm is just really nice

Yep costwise it's on the high side for us right now, but if I land a job then things might change
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Default Re:NEW PRICE!! Mid Winter Christmas Party, Wellington June 28th

Hi guys

Had a word with my boss today and I've managed to get a reduction on the mid winter Cfristmas party price

Adults are $65.00 per head and kids over 2 years $32.50, under 2 still free.

I hope this helps so we can get more of together

Let me know.

Catkin