British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Mid Winter Christmas Party, Wellington June 28th (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/mid-winter-christmas-party-wellington-june-28th-523090/)

Catkin09 Mar 20th 2008 2:12 am

Mid Winter Christmas Party, Wellington June 28th

Hi Guys

Where I work, Ohariu Farm, Johnsonville, has a large function room.
My boss has asked me to see if anyone is interested in a Mid Winter Christmas Party on Saturday 28th June.

There will be a carvery buffet available.

The costs are $80 a head, kids under 2 free, kids 2-upwards $40.

I thought if you were interested, we could book it and pay a small deposit each. We could decorate it with Christmas trees etc and make a fun day/evening of it.

we would need to organise a DJ or a band ourselves, so if nyone does that sort of thing for fun andwould be willing to provide the entertainment for the night, it would be great.

So what do you think? Are there any takers?

I think it would be a great idea for a big get together, but then again I don't want to be sat there on my own:thumbsup:

Cheers

Catkin

simonmarkellis Mar 20th 2008 2:15 am

Re: Mid Winter Christmas Party, Wellington June 28th

Originally Posted by Catkin09 (Post 6087301)
Hi Guys

Where I work, Ohariu Farm, Johnsonville, has a large function room.
My boss has asked me to see if anyone is interested in a Mid Winter Christmas Party on Saturday 28th June.

There will be a carvery buffet available.

The costs are $80 a head, kids under 2 free, kids 2-upwards $40.

I thought if you were interested, we could book it and pay a small deposit each. We could decorate it with Christmas trees etc and make a fun day/evening of it.

we would need to organise a DJ or a band ourselves, so if nyone does that sort of thing for fun andwould be willing to provide the entertainment for the night, it would be great.

So what do you think? Are there any takers?

I think it would be a great idea for a big get together, but then again I don't want to be sat there on my own:thumbsup:

Cheers

Catkin

Does he require a minimum set of numbers for viability?

Catkin09 Mar 20th 2008 2:22 am

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 6087308)
Does he require a minimum set of numbers for viability?

No, but obviously the more the merrier:thumbup:

Even if it's only 20 of us, it'll be good, but image the fun we could have with 100:thumbsup: We can also provide DVD's etc for the kids to watch if they get too bored:thumbdown:

catkin

Maz Mar 20th 2008 2:39 am

Ouch that's quite a lot of moolah. Does it include a glass of wine (or 2?). Christmas pud? :D

Hubby has a band... :) They do funk / soul. Let me know if you're interested in hearing a demo CD. :) I will need to check their availability too, as I know they already have a gig booked in June. Just can't remember when, d'oh!

Catkin09 Mar 20th 2008 2:45 am

Hi Maz

I know it's quite expensive and it doesn't include the wine unfortunatley:thumbdown:
If I can get a deffinate from people I might be able to haggle a bit on the price, maybe down to $70 a head or for a bottle of wine each table, I don't know.
We can have the room for 8 hours, so it's not that bad really, and food is fab :thumbsup:
It would be great for your hubby to do his thang, I'll boogie to anything :o
See what you can do.

Catkin

Catkin09 Mar 20th 2008 3:30 am

Hi again

If you go to www.ohariufarm.co.nz and click on the menus section, then onto the Christmas buffet, you will see the sort of food they do and what you'll be getting for your money.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Catkin

oolie Mar 20th 2008 6:03 am

Originally Posted by Catkin09 (Post 6087447)
Hi again

If you go to www.ohariufarm.co.nz and click on the menus section, then onto the Christmas buffet, you will see the sort of food they do and what you'll be getting for your money.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Catkin

I think it is a great idea. Kids will love it

stasia Mar 20th 2008 6:12 am

yeah we'de go for sure, 2 adults 2 kids, put us down. any excuse for a party!!! great idea.

karonious Mar 24th 2008 11:29 am

Originally Posted by stasia (Post 6087690)
yeah we'de go for sure, 2 adults 2 kids, put us down. any excuse for a party!!! great idea.

I'm thinking though - no party at YOUR house yet...............:cool:

dreamfish Mar 24th 2008 11:42 am

hmm, sounds a wonderful idea (had been thinking about doing something similar for the family) so would love to take up this opportunity. But at $240 for our little family, plus drinks, and a risk of the kiddies not actually eating their meals, its a bit pricey.

Will keep an eye on the thread to see if you get to haggle the price down some! So put us down for a tentative 4!

danny.f Mar 24th 2008 7:45 pm

Would be $280 for us. Just haven't got that kind of dosh. We could wait outside and someone could chuck us a chicken leg!

stasia Mar 25th 2008 5:44 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 6103718)
I'm thinking though - no party at YOUR house yet...............:cool:

well still recovering from the dribblefish's do! but as soon as we've got more than 6 chairs and 4 plates will have you all round to see our 'lean to'

Knightm Mar 25th 2008 5:56 am

Yep costwise it's on the high side for us right now, but if I land a job then things might change

Catkin09 Apr 1st 2008 2:20 am

Re:NEW PRICE!! Mid Winter Christmas Party, Wellington June 28th

Hi guys

Had a word with my boss today and I've managed to get a reduction on the mid winter Cfristmas party price:thumbsup:

Adults are $65.00 per head and kids over 2 years $32.50, under 2 still free.

I hope this helps so we can get more of together:eek:

Let me know.

Catkin