Mice

Old Jul 4th 2012, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Mice

Mice grrrrrr the dirty wee ****ers, a couple of weeks ago sitting in the study something caught my eye and a wee blighter was scurrying past me so quickly cornered it and, lets say for the sensitive ones amongst us, I humanely disposed of it, for less sensitive ones i squashed it under a book, anyway at this point my daughter, who is 6, asked what the noise was so i told her I had disposed of a mouse, he reaction was surprising ................ "awww the wee mouse, can i see it" so ok I thought it does not look in the best condition but what the hell let her see it, which upon seeing it she decided to give it a wee cuddle and ask if she could keep it (even though tit had an eye hanging out ... lol)
Obviously i said no yo ucant keep it but we decided to bury it in the back door the next day and she said a few words, which I thought was cute, so after the burial headed back into the house and to my amazement I tirned around to see my dog did it up and begin tossing it about like a toy, quite funny for me but maybe not so for a 6 year old, so again retrieved it and lobbed it in the wheely bin.

Next day bought a couple of traps, tried setting them, and let me tell you this after the 5th time of snapping on my thumb I was becoming a tad pissed off with it, but managed to set them and over the next couple of days got another three, all good I thought and for the last couple of weeks not a thing until last night, was in the kitchen getting a snack when I turned round e and another dirty wee ***er was scurrying past me ............. arrrrgggghhhhhhhh think I need to buy a couple of cats

Anybody else having mouse issues or is it just me, ok rant over ....
Old Jul 4th 2012, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mice

Originally Posted by alanmacc
I humanely disposed of it, for less sensitive ones i squashed it under a book, anyway at this point my daughter, who is 6, asked what the noise was so i told her I had disposed of a mouse, he reaction was surprising ................ "awww the wee mouse, can i see it" so ok I thought it does not look in the best condition but what the hell let her see it, which upon seeing it she decided to give it a wee cuddle and ask if she could keep it (even though tit had an eye hanging out ... lol)
I'm sorry - this isn't very helpful but to your daughter cuddling it!

On a trying to be more helpful note - I've heard that peanut butter is good to attract them on to the traps - but if they don't go for it they'll keep on coming. You need to work out where they are coming in from, block up holes where you can and usually they are after food so give everything a good ole clean up getting rid of all sorts of crumbs etc.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 3:54 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Kill them violently and string them up around the house to
Serve as a warning to the others...or buy a cat..PB works
Great in traps.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and I don't recommend poison....from experience in London & rats....eat the poison then go off and die somewhere. Often in the roof space or under the floor. the smell of dying rotting rat is hideous.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 3:57 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Glueboards. Catch on little toe and that sucker is yours. One problem with them is it catches them alive with NO way to dislodge them. I feel bad waiting for a couple of days for them to die, so I put the glueboard in a paper bag and place it into the freezer for a fairly quick and painless demise. Then remove your corpsiciles to the outside trash.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 4:19 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a cat my cat regulary brings dead or half alive mice in! gross i know but i wonder if i would be overun if i didnt have her.
Attached Thumbnails Mice-301844_3267099522319_762297755_n%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old Jul 4th 2012, 4:58 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

snapper traps and peanut butter for us. mind you forgot I throw one in the corner of the garden day before last and have just mowed the corpse to bits with the flymo. If the trap didn't kill it properly the flymo certainly finished the job
Old Jul 4th 2012, 5:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

How about training them to run on a large wheel attached to a generator???!
You could set traps for those who choose to get off
Useful power supply & quite environmentally friendly too
Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by love30stm
Get a cat

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 25th 2012 at 3:20 am.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think its just a random coincidence that almost every Kiwi house has a cat or two.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 7:12 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Oh so cute!!! We are thinking of getting another kitten
Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:40 am
`

Originally Posted by love30stm
Oh so cute!!! We are thinking of getting another kitten
Thanks He is very handsome as far as I am concerned . Ty is 14 yrs old now. He emigrated with us . He once brought in a grey squirrel when we were back in the UK. Not fun. I had to beat the thing off with a broom whilst standing on top of my dining table.
He is a great mouser though. Brings them in from next door's (noise hole) dilapidated ruined greenhouse & the unattended compost area.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:44 am

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

The one on the right doesn't seem like much of a hunter/killer. Is he in training?
Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:49 am
`

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
The one on the right doesn't seem like much of a hunter/killer. Is he in training?
It's the same ferocious , killer pusscat as on the left. You'll just have to trust me on this.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 11:00 am

It's the same ferocious , killer pusscat as on the left. You'll just have to trust me on this.
I would never doubt you ma'am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.