Mice

Old Jul 7th 2012, 6:11 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mice

Originally Posted by mickey_d
& here's what the black one dropped in our kitchen in the UK!!!
Good job you don't live in Oz!!!!!
Old Jul 7th 2012, 6:59 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

being in the country we have HEAPS of mice. They never bother us in the summer, but in the winter they're not stupid they all come in for a warm.

However one of our cats is the red baron of cat killing. She is into the hundreds. She's also got ambitions. Daytime it's birds which so annoys me, but one day she brought in a magpie! DEAD!!! I thought to myself there is no way she could have caught that. That was until I watch her creeping up on another and almost bring it down out of the air as it flew off! Go girl!
Old Jul 7th 2012, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

Here's our lot, cats keep the mice at bay & the dogs help with any rats!!
Oh Lord ~ that reminds me of my old labrador who used to catch mice and swallow them whole ( and alive )
Old Jul 8th 2012, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
shes gorgeous and looks young they dont start getting good at hunting till they ar a bit older
Originally Posted by BEVS
What a good looking pusscat.
She is a pretty good lucking puss - and she knows it -rules the roost. Shes a pedigree Bengal and apparently cost $800!!! (the landladies not mine) however I have been left with the responsibility to look after the blasted thing as the landlady's gone off to work in wellington and she's got fleas again - woke up to bites on my leg again this morning! ergh!

& here's what the black one dropped in our kitchen in the UK!!!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

well finally caught up with the wee bugger, its amazing how good fly swats actually are ......
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by alanmacc
well finally caught up with the wee bugger, its amazing how good fly swats actually are ......
Hi, glad to hear you got your mouse

If it helps you in the future, we recently had a mouse in the house. Just one fortunately but he took some catching.
We tried the 'better mousetrap' brand for a few days with peanut butter and a wee bit of chocolate - every morning they were licked clean but no dead mouse.
So we got some of the old fashioned 'cut your head off kind' - again clean in the morning but no dead mouse. but 7 traps around the house.
Out of frustration we bought a brand of mousetrap called 'Nooski' you can get them for mice and rats - we bought ours from Bunnings but they were withdrawing them from sale - at $10 each they were a bit pricey - but we know you can buy them from Farmland stores.
We got 3 traps and on the first night we caught the little bugger. They work with an elastic band thing that snaps around the little mouses neck and strangles them quickly, and without mess. Most effective.
These would be the trap to have around the house if you have small children, imho, as the trap cant really hurt them.

Like your style with the flyswat

Psycho x