Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mental Health workers - Wellington

Mental Health workers - Wellington

Old Feb 26th 2007, 11:45 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Mental Health workers - Wellington

Hi - any mental health workers based in or around Wellinton?

Or maybe you know someone?

Dont worry - not trying to book up some sessions in advance

My mother is thinking about coming with us I think. Thing is she has had enough of work, and although she is only 53, she has worked since she was 15 and has just had enough of it.

My concern is that we couldnt afford to keep 3 adults and 2 plus kids. And so I would like my mom to consider part time work.

She thinks she is too old to take on a new job in a new place and make new friends and a new life. But i think it would be crucial for her to make new friends and keep busy, plus have her own pocket money, so she would need to work.

She currently works as a counsellor for drug and alcohol abuse. She has 35 years work experience with the NHS, and about 10 at a guess in mental health.

What is the working environment like in mental health? Is it stressful? What kind of workloads and cases would you expect to find in Wellington?

Do PM me if you prefer or email [email protected]

Many thanks, Kate.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mental Health workers - Wellington

Hi Kate,
Boopy is on holiday but her background was drug and alcohol rehabilitation, send her a PM and I know she'll pick it up on her return - I think she might have taken the laptop with her so you may get a reply sooner rather than later.
Is Mum goin to be living with you
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:11 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mental Health workers - Wellington

Originally Posted by donnaf
Hi Kate,
Boopy is on holiday but her background was drug and alcohol rehabilitation, send her a PM and I know she'll pick it up on her return - I think she might have taken the laptop with her so you may get a reply sooner rather than later.
Is Mum goin to be living with you
we're working on that one

Last edited by dreamfish; Feb 26th 2007 at 7:13 pm. Reason: typo