Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mental Health Nursing: Cultural training?

Mental Health Nursing: Cultural training?

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all
Default Re: Mental Health Nursing: Cultural training?

Free!!! I've been robbed lol!! Don't mind though, it was only the first of many little things to be done I'm sure
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 7:23 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aliwales
Free!!! I've been robbed lol!! Don't mind though, it was only the first of many little things to be done I'm sure
True, but once you're here it's surprising how those little things- like the solicitor raising his eyebrows in shock when you tell him what you paid in the UK for what he's doing for free- it's surprising how much joy that gives you

It's like when your WOF costs more than you anticipated and they just let you drive off with a promise to pay the remainder next pay day. Or when you go to check your tyres on a rainy day and the fuel attendant runs over horrified you've even got out of your car and promptly lifts your bonnet to check your oil and water too while she's at it. And so on
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all

*sigh* see that's what I want my kids to experience and how I would like to live! Luuurvely
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
True, but once you're here it's surprising how those little things- like the solicitor raising his eyebrows in shock when you tell him what you paid in the UK for what he's doing for free- it's surprising how much joy that gives you

It's like when your WOF costs more than you anticipated and they just let you drive off with a promise to pay the remainder next pay day. Or when you go to check your tyres on a rainy day and the fuel attendant runs over horrified you've even got out of your car and promptly lifts your bonnet to check your oil and water too while she's at it. And so on
My card wouldn't work at the petrol station opposite the workshop that I go to for my car. When I went to drop my car off after the petrol debacle (had to leave my details etc) to get a warrant, the woman at the workshop said "you should have called, I'd have paid it for you"
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:44 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricklykina
My card wouldn't work at the petrol station opposite the workshop that I go to for my car. When I went to drop my car off after the petrol debacle (had to leave my details etc) to get a warrant, the woman at the workshop said "you should have called, I'd have paid it for you"
I have a friend (and I PROMISE this is a genuine story) who lost her wallet during a trip to Taupo and a complete stranger insisted on paying for her trolley of groceries, just gave her her address to send the cheque to. The crazy thing about this story is when she told me (been here for a couple of years ), it didn't seem that bizarre to me.

I really, really missed this in Australia.