Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mental Health Nursing: Cultural training?

Mental Health Nursing: Cultural training?

Old Sep 13th 2010, 7:13 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mental Health Nursing: Cultural training?

Originally Posted by Aliwales
Just received an invitation for a telephone interview! and have suddenly broken out in nervous stammmmer lol!!! Eek, I will be reading diligently about the treaty etc from now till then! fingers crossed and thanks for the advise once again!!
Good luck, here's the NZ Nurses Board stuff on cultural safety & the Treaty of Waitangi, which should prepare you quite well!

http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/dow...l-safety09.pdf
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

Just received an invitation for a telephone interview! and have suddenly broken out in nervous stammmmer lol!!! Eek, I will be reading diligently about the treaty etc from now till then! fingers crossed and thanks for the advise once again!!
great! good luck
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all

Woo Hoo!! JOb interview went very well! Job offer secured dependant on references, now to get my finger out and really start planning and action lol!!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice

Woo Hoo!! JOb interview went very well! Job offer secured dependant on references, now to get my finger out and really start planning and action lol!!
Congrats Ali!!

Ive just qualified RMN and secured a job in wellington about 2months ago, im just in the process of signing and returning my contract. Whats your position? I'm going straight for front line acute inpatients!! not quite sure what to expect, been reading up on mental health act etc. When are you looking at going over to NZ? were heading out in Dec and I have a start date for end of Jan!! i'm soooo nervous already!! I just don't know what to expect.
No band 3's!! OMG!!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all

Lol... ditto to all, I am looking at 6 months to get moved, and am going for acute inpatients too! so hopefully moving around march / april next year!!

Im heading to Auckland area, as we have friends there, but have to say im lokoing forward to it. better staff/client ratio, purpose built shiny buildings ... dreamy!! lolol
Old Sep 20th 2010, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice

Lol... ditto to all, I am looking at 6 months to get moved, and am going for acute inpatients too! so hopefully moving around march / april next year!!

Im heading to Auckland area, as we have friends there, but have to say im lokoing forward to it. better staff/client ratio, purpose built shiny buildings ... dreamy!! lolol
Yes It will be great!! Congrats and good luck, please keep us posted!! now the delight on enrolling with the NZ nursing council, watch this space tho Ali, i have a feeling they are removing the EILTS as a requirement if ur an english trained nurse!!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

thanls and good luck to u too, i have to say i registered with nursing council first, but theyre lovely people, very helpful when ur bank wont let u make a payment to nz lol
Old Sep 20th 2010, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

thanls and good luck to u too, i have to say i registered with nursing council first, but theyre lovely people, very helpful when ur bank wont let u make a payment to nz lol
ahh i'm going through the process now just sent forms off for police certificate, my pin hasnt come through from NMC yet tho as ive only just qualifed!
How long did it all take Ali? x
Old Sep 20th 2010, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

oh it took about a month i reckon, u have to go to a solicitor and get forms certified, need references, and they wanna know about hours worked thus far etc... the form filling is a mare, but not too difficult.
I seriously found paying the fees the hardest, i dont own a credit card (shock horror lol) and the bank wouldnt authorise debit card payment as they thought it was fraudulent (how can i be on 2 places at once type thing), but all sorted now ... phew! won't take you long to register once all the paper works together!!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

oh it took about a month i reckon, u have to go to a solicitor and get forms certified, need references, and they wanna know about hours worked thus far etc... the form filling is a mare, but not too difficult.
I seriously found paying the fees the hardest, i dont own a credit card (shock horror lol) and the bank wouldnt authorise debit card payment as they thought it was fraudulent (how can i be on 2 places at once type thing), but all sorted now ... phew! won't take you long to register once all the paper works together!!
I DID NOT realise i had to go to a solicitor?? the application i have says nothing like that!!?? I thought i had to send one form to NMC one to my uni and the police cert etc. what do i need to take to solicitor and how much was it? x
Old Sep 20th 2010, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shazmoo
I DID NOT realise i had to go to a solicitor?? the application i have says nothing like that!!?? I thought i had to send one form to NMC one to my uni and the police cert etc. what do i need to take to solicitor and how much was it? x
Ali do u mind if I Drain ur brain about his?
Old Sep 20th 2010, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

No it is fine, basically any copies u send eg: copy of statement of entry, passport etc, states on the application guidance need to be certified to be a true copy, so you take copies and originals to a local solicitor and they stamp and sign, think it cost me about forty quid at a local office. just rang up and asked "do u certify copies????"
Also be aware, unlike a passport application here you cant get it signed by a nurse/civil servant/ teacher etc... got to be someone off their list

see link:http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/dow...ist-5aug10.pdf

and look under photocopies

hope that helps!!
Ali
Old Sep 20th 2010, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

No it is fine, basically any copies u send eg: copy of statement of entry, passport etc, states on the application guidance need to be certified to be a true copy, so you take copies and originals to a local solicitor and they stamp and sign, think it cost me about forty quid at a local office. just rang up and asked "do u certify copies????"
Also be aware, unlike a passport application here you cant get it signed by a nurse/civil servant/ teacher etc... got to be someone off their list

see link:http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/dow...ist-5aug10.pdf

and look under photocopies

hope that helps!!
Ali
Ahhh ok ali, thats not so scary haha thanks for that! God it's a bloody pain, how did u find the english exam? i'm still hoping it will get taken off the requiremtns but we'll see! The council aren't taking any new applicants at the moment anyway so all i can do is get things sorted e.g. police cert, pin number and wait until they "re-open"!

But the english test is definately up there in the ball-ache top 5 off immigration tasks. It's just a money making scheme!!

so is it u and ur family going over? Ive just folked out 1500 for the bloody dog too!! Tell ya this whole process aint for the faint hearted, fortunately i don't have any kids i only have to worry bout me, Steve and the dog!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

lol! defo not for the faint hearted, im living on a wirei tells ya, and ive got 6 months left of this lolol!! never mind sure it will be worth it.. yeah me and my 2 kids going over there (hopefully)

Roll on 6 months time cant wait to get on a plane!!

Oh the IELTs are not THAT bad...listening, comprehension ans written styke tests, take a bottle of water and ake your time, but honest it is pretty straight forward! just make sure you do the academic not standard one, met a couple of people who applied for the wrong paper!!!

Ali
Old Sep 21st 2010, 7:52 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

so you take copies and originals to a local solicitor and they stamp and sign, think it cost me about forty quid at a local office.
You'll be pleased to hear that solicitors do that for free here in NZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.