Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Mental Health Nurse wages in NZ

Mental Health Nurse wages in NZ

Old Feb 28th 2011, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Coldwellcupcakery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mental Health Nurse wages in NZ

Hi there, My husband and I are looking into emigrating to NZ. We are looking to start the process around Sep this year. What has been niggling us is the rate of pay for a registered mental health nurse (RMN) with 1 years experience. My husband is a newly qualified electrician so we are expecting him to be on a minimal wage of on no wage for a while. Will we be able to live comfortably in NZ on just my wage? We have no kids just 2 dogs and by comfortably I mean a car and a little 2 bed rent, meals out now and again and weekends away here and there and maybe be able to afford to put a little in a savings pot each month?
If anyone can throw some insight in for us about rates of pay and cost of living ect we would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance for your response.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 2:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mental Health Nurse wages in NZ

Just wanted to wish you a very warm welcome to our NZ forum. I can't help with your question though. Sure someone will be along soon who can help though
Old Mar 1st 2011, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Salary depends on how long you have been qualified.
This is a link to the union collective agreement for those working for the District Health Boards, with 1 years experience you would be on, $49, 203 (plus penal rates/shift allowances) as salary is linked to experience. Lots of shortages in MH.

http://www.nzno.org.nz/LinkClick.asp...w%3d&tabid=224

Cheers Gill
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:21 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coldwellcupcakery
Hi there, My husband and I are looking into emigrating to NZ. We are looking to start the process around Sep this year. What has been niggling us is the rate of pay for a registered mental health nurse (RMN) with 1 years experience. My husband is a newly qualified electrician so we are expecting him to be on a minimal wage of on no wage for a while. Will we be able to live comfortably in NZ on just my wage? We have no kids just 2 dogs and by comfortably I mean a car and a little 2 bed rent, meals out now and again and weekends away here and there and maybe be able to afford to put a little in a savings pot each month?
If anyone can throw some insight in for us about rates of pay and cost of living ect we would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance for your response.
Welcome to BE
I see you've already had a helpful reply with a link.....re cost of living: lots of previous post's / threads on this topic ...try using the search facility you may find some helpful info.
Good luck with your plans & happy posting
B