Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Men..... in shorts!

Men..... in shorts!

Old Jul 19th 2011, 3:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Men..... in shorts!

Originally Posted by Persephone
As for shorts on men: Mr S wears on the knee length shorts [only in summer though and he's a kiwi!] which I'm ok with. Anything shorter than that is for playing sports!
How right you are. Saw a guy in our local Countdown yesterday with short shorts on AND very dark sunglasses & I couldn't help thinking "What a to$$er!"

Apologies if it was anyone from here
Old Jul 19th 2011, 7:47 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

after reading this I have decided that i shall remain in hiding to avoid my own style (or lack of it) bringing shame on the immaculately turned out expat community....

If you do spot me (shorts, occationally hanging off my arse, jandals and a random selection of wooly and not so wooly hats) just keep moving i'll pretend i haven't seen you ... oh and try not to tut too loudly..
Old Jul 19th 2011, 8:15 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Nooooo! Just come back from a French speaking island where the skimpiest of Speedos seemed to be de rigeur for a certain subsection of men i.e. those who really should not be wearing them.
Would I mind if a tanned toned young man went past wearing them? I doubt it It didn't happen though Bugger!
Instead of the above they all had a gut that hung over the waistband so they couldn't be pulled up high enough to cover the crease between the thigh and torso. This left the testicles as the main thing that held them up....Not a pretty sight! I appreciate you're on the beach so will be exposing yourself a little bit more but just get some bigger shorts! Somehow it always seemed worse when they covered up with a tshirt as it was always just short enough to allow the 'package' to still be visible in a 'here are my testicles everyone, have a good look' kind of way

As for shorts on men: Mr S wears on the knee length shorts [only in summer though and he's a kiwi!] which I'm ok with. Anything shorter than that is for playing sports!
Why is it that it's almost always the not so fit guys who choose to wear tiny speedos? That being said I don't really like speedos but they don't look too bad on Olympic divers and swimmers

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
How right you are. Saw a guy in our local Countdown yesterday with short shorts on AND very dark sunglasses & I couldn't help thinking "What a to$$er!"

Apologies if it was anyone from here
Vitalstatistix surely you know wearing sunglasses indoors is a very cool look
Old Jul 20th 2011, 12:01 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSI9Y...eature=related

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Uummm

Husband returned home last evening after spending the day two hours up the road plumbing out an underfloor. That's the pipes that go under a concrete house base to you lot. Weather in Murchison is colder than here in Mapua. It was frosty arund the edges and there was evidence of snow around.

He was a tad grimy and dusty as always, so left his boots at the door and walked in clad in his work socks , a work sweatshirt + t shirt. His manky old rugby shorts and............................. his jim jam bottoms sticking out below.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

Bev you are a Lucky Bird!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Uummm

Husband returned home last evening after spending the day two hours up the road plumbing out an underfloor. That's the pipes that go under a concrete house base to you lot. Weather in Murchison is colder than here in Mapua. It was frosty arund the edges and there was evidence of snow around.

He was a tad grimy and dusty as always, so left his boots at the door and walked in clad in his work socks , a work sweatshirt + t shirt. His manky old rugby shorts and............................. his jim jam bottoms sticking out below.
Sounds like a hard working man to me Bev.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I was so tempted to take a pic of those legs, waist down.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

now that would have been interesting!!! a new discussion with pics entitled 'Big boys in PJ's!'
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

I have come to the conclusion that shorts, t-shirt, no shoes and / or jandals and no coat in winter is a fashion statement. Same as some guys in Britian, usually over sixty with a sizeable beer belly wearing no shirt in the summer. Some seventeen year old skinny lads do it too. Don't bother on my account love.

Why do NZ parents allow their children to go out with no shoes on in winter ? Oh that's right. Their parents don't wear shoes either. It's a kiwi thing, right ? Should there be social services involvement regarding a barefoot 8 year old with dirty feet in winter ?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:25 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Debbi****
I have come to the conclusion that shorts, t-shirt, no shoes and / or jandals and no coat in winter is a fashion statement. Same as some guys in Britian, usually over sixty with a sizeable beer belly wearing no shirt in the summer. Some seventeen year old skinny lads do it too. Don't bother on my account love.

Why do NZ parents allow their children to go out with no shoes on in winter ? Oh that's right. Their parents don't wear shoes either. It's a kiwi thing, right ? Should there be social services involvement regarding a barefoot 8 year old with dirty feet in winter ?

Kiwis don't know what fashion or style is, neither do some British
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Kiwis don't know what fashion or style is, neither do some British
Everybody has style. Trouble is much of it is their own.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
Everybody has style. Trouble is much of it is their own.
And thank the lord for that. It would be hideous if we all had to conform. I love that we can be ourselves.
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by j19fmm
And thank the lord for that. It would be hideous if we all had to conform. I love that we can be ourselves.
Lol it's nice to look stylish and attractive and not looked like you have just rolled out of bed though
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Plus ive never conformed but like to look good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.