Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Men..... in shorts!

Men..... in shorts!

Old Jul 15th 2011, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Men..... in shorts!

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Adults arrive at my kids school on an array of scooters, skateboards, rip sticks, rollerblades etc - and no not all of them have ridden them there for the kids ...
I can add to that the nork I used to see on the school run riding with his kid on a Segway (haven't seen for a while though)
Old Jul 15th 2011, 6:28 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

A Segway seems more reasonable than a scooter
Kevin I didn't even know adult sized scooters existed
Old Jul 15th 2011, 9:22 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

I just read the BBC link to the Tesco ban.
I must say, it rather annoyed me.
I'm far more "offended" by people with their trousers round the bottom of their bloody arse, looking like they've accidentally put their baby brother's clothes on, flashing their pants at me.
But then, I'm getting on a bit now!

Offended........(slaps head in despair)
Old Jul 16th 2011, 8:35 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
I just read the BBC link to the Tesco ban.
I must say, it rather annoyed me.
I'm far more "offended" by people with their trousers round the bottom of their bloody arse, looking like they've accidentally put their baby brother's clothes on, flashing their pants at me.
But then, I'm getting on a bit now!

Offended........(slaps head in despair)
Oooh I really dislike that "look" too!
Old Jul 16th 2011, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

Wouldn't mind this in front of me in New World though!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW4qptCre8M&NR=1

Steady now ladies!! Togs/Undies?? - not bothered just looking!!
Old Jul 17th 2011, 12:25 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kija
A Segway seems more reasonable than a scooter
Kevin I didn't even know adult sized scooters existed
adult sized scooters do exist - foldable scooters for commuters have been seen around a few cities

I made the mistake of riding my eldest son's one with very small wheels whilst the youngest took the big wheeled Bob the Builder one out. Unfortunately the exceedingly dry summer meant that the concrete path on the reserve at the bottom of our hill had subsided.

We came to a fork in the path as speed, sonny boy says "race you" and takes right fork, dutifull dad takes left fork and stupidly keeps eye on son. Hits large crack, front wheel stops and the rest is history. Lots of skin removed but no broken bones, a passing pensioner had to check if I was still alive.

DOH and great embarassment explaining that at Day Care.
Old Jul 17th 2011, 12:26 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luckybird
......Togs/Undies?? - not bothered just looking!!
sure they're not speedos ????
Old Jul 17th 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

lol they may be!!! remember seeing a few those were the days!!!
Old Jul 17th 2011, 7:56 pm
We're HERE!!!

Originally Posted by lardyl
adult sized scooters do exist - foldable scooters for commuters have been seen around a few cities

I made the mistake of riding my eldest son's one with very small wheels whilst the youngest took the big wheeled Bob the Builder one out. Unfortunately the exceedingly dry summer meant that the concrete path on the reserve at the bottom of our hill had subsided.

We came to a fork in the path as speed, sonny boy says "race you" and takes right fork, dutifull dad takes left fork and stupidly keeps eye on son. Hits large crack, front wheel stops and the rest is history. Lots of skin removed but no broken bones, a passing pensioner had to check if I was still alive.

DOH and great embarassment explaining that at Day Care.
sorry I know it's not funny but the "passing pensioner needing to check if you were alive" was funny!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 2:08 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Kija
sorry I know it's not funny but the "passing pensioner needing to check if you were alive" was funny!
Yep that's what me son said and the people at daycare were hard pressed to keep a straight face in spite of the blood.

Moral: scooters are for boys not old gits
Old Jul 18th 2011, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahahahahahahaha (sorry!) but hahahahaha

I can picture you and S whizzing down that hill

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, crunch!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kevin
And what is it with “Sherpa hats”…. Okay, they can look cute on a eighteen year old blonde Scandinavian girl… but last year our bricklayers labourer turned up wearing one, with the side tassels hanging down about a foot n’ a half…. He looked like a very muscular and butch version of “Heidi”…..
Umm, it seems now that NZ has adopted the sherpa hat as Kiwiana, along with all the other stuff they've filched and claimed to be invented in, or stolen from, Godzone. Like 'flip-flops', tomato ketchup, pies and fish n chips.

ASB Bank have a sherpa hat as the icon on their homepage this week? Usually it's some piece of Kiwiana...... erm Elephants, whatever, I don't get it!!

https://www.asb.co.nz/

Old Jul 18th 2011, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Kevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of lightKevin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Umm, it seems now that NZ has adopted the sherpa hat as Kiwiana, along with all the other stuff they've filched and claimed to be invented in, or stolen from, Godzone. Like 'flip-flops', tomato ketchup, pies and fish n chips.

ASB Bank have a sherpa hat as the icon on their homepage this week? Usually it's some piece of Kiwiana...... erm Elephants, whatever, I don't get it!!

https://www.asb.co.nz/

They will be claiming that they invented Pineapple lumps next!.... oh.... wait a minute....
Old Jul 18th 2011, 1:44 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Hahahahahahahahaha (sorry!) but hahahahaha

I can picture you and S whizzing down that hill

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, crunch!
yeah the crack wasn't there the week before when I last took him down there on the scooters. I did have me helmet on though and the path has been re-concreted since which is all good.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 11:45 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
sure they're not speedos ????
Nooooo! Just come back from a French speaking island where the skimpiest of Speedos seemed to be de rigeur for a certain subsection of men i.e. those who really should not be wearing them.
Would I mind if a tanned toned young man went past wearing them? I doubt it It didn't happen though Bugger!
Instead of the above they all had a gut that hung over the waistband so they couldn't be pulled up high enough to cover the crease between the thigh and torso. This left the testicles as the main thing that held them up....Not a pretty sight! I appreciate you're on the beach so will be exposing yourself a little bit more but just get some bigger shorts! Somehow it always seemed worse when they covered up with a tshirt as it was always just short enough to allow the 'package' to still be visible in a 'here are my testicles everyone, have a good look' kind of way

As for shorts on men: Mr S wears on the knee length shorts [only in summer though and he's a kiwi!] which I'm ok with. Anything shorter than that is for playing sports!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.