Memory Jerkers

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:13 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Memory Jerkers

Just reading a comment on another thread about how certain stimuli bring back very powerful memories.
For me it''s always been music and there are 2 tracks that as soon as they come up on my ipod I'm back scrunched up in my airline seat having not slept for about 24 hrs and very excited about my 1st trip to NZ:
Square one - Coldplay
Hold Tight London - Chemical Brothers

Both of which I heard for the 1st time on the flight back in 2005.

Very evocative.
What does it for you?
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Memory Jerkers

Every time I fly home from Wellie and look at the sounds. I remember so well our first vision of the sounds and Blenheim from the aircraft and my thoughts..... WOW I am going to live down there!!!

Also listening to my old radio station (BRMB) on line and the oh so familiar jingles!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:04 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Watched Mean Machine the other night - the one with Vinnie Jones in it. Made me really want to watch England playing footie in the World Cup!? Roll on 2010, I think!

I remembered watching them get knocked out against Portugal in a wine bar with Hubby as he'd taken me away for my birthday for a weekend. I cried. He left.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:17 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun - i always remember this song and smile. That song, along with Outkasts 'hey ya' are the two songs that will just about always make me get up an dance, generally like a complete muppet. Consequently, I have memories (all blurring into one) of enjoying myself.

Bic Runga & Dan Wilson (Semisonic) did a song 'Good Morning Baby' which appeared on the American Pie movie soundtrack. That song has always reminded me of graduating from university as it came out around the same time. It just seemed kinda fresh and as though the world was full of promise.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead reminds me of high school science classes when i started humming it in an exam. Resulting in about 5 people around me all singing it too. And all of us getting told to stop singing.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 2:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Biddy
Just reading a comment on another thread about how certain stimuli bring back very powerful memories.
This isn't about music at all Biddy but it absolutely relates to the above. I have a doll that was given to me by my parents when I was very young. She was beautiful to me . I dressed her, slept with her, cut her fringe, bathed her, talked to her. She ended up in the local toy shop's toy hospital on more than one occasion because she was so much a part of my young life.

I just have to smell her and my Mum is with me again. Right in the room with me. My Mum passed away 13 yrs ago. That doll is so special to me that I did without clothes to pack her in my suitcase when I came here.